Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out a thread below about the Predator Tune and the speed limiter that may or may not be in it and it got me to thinking, I have a Vortech V3 I'm putting in this weekend and I have started toying with the Predator that came with it and noticed it doesn't give the ability to set cooling fan temps like my "Off the shelf" Predator does.

I have a Jet 180° Thermostat and was wondering how this is going to be affected without the lowering of the fan temps. Probably not a big concern but it would be nice to be able to adjust these. Why would Vortech not give the ability to do this?

I guess at some point I will get a custom tune anyway, but wonder what others have done in this situation.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i would try for a custom tune anyway.. you can do them thru e mail and it is not too costly,, well worth the time and runs on a dyno.. i picked up well over 50 hp on my tuning over the canned tune. I also gained a lot of hp in the mid range that people dont mention on these forums that much.
I used johan because of his ability to work with the vvt cars but he is konwn as one of the better tuners in the market. I have no complaints about my tunes and he will also review your logs too. if you lived closer or were willing to commute we could get this done here through a local shop that lets me rent the dyno and a tuner for a couple of hundred bucks.
its about 500 to get it done at a reputable shop. I dont want to say you cant go wrong either way, but if you use logic a dyno with a good afr guage and a reputable tuner you should be fine.
. I think you must have the u 9000 and it will take software to access the settings inside there.. yu can contact mike at diablo sport for more information on that.

Dan

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would try for a custom tune anyway.. you can do them thru e mail and it is not too costly,, well worth the time and runs on a dyno.. i picked up well over 50 hp on my tuning over the canned tune. I also gained a lot of hp in the mid range that people dont mention on these forums that much.
I used johan because of his ability to work with the vvt cars but he is konwn as one of the better tuners in the market. I have no complaints about my tunes and he will also review your logs too. if you lived closer or were willing to commute we could get this done here through a local shop that lets me rent the dyno and a tuner for a couple of hundred bucks.
its about 500 to get it done at a reputable shop. I dont want to say you cant go wrong either way, but if you use logic a dyno with a good afr guage and a reputable tuner you should be fine.
. I think you must have the u 9000 and it will take software to access the settings inside there.. yu can contact mike at diablo sport for more information on that.

Dan
Yea, when I get the custom tune I'm gonna go with Johan as he is pretty local to me down here.

Just wish the tool would give all the capabilities that an off the shelf Predator gives. Who knows, maybe the fans are adjusted lower in Vortech's tune.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
mike will adjust them for ya if you send him a pm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts