Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 cahllenger r/t 6 speed and will be receiving the predator tuner tomorrow. I am new to the whole tuning thing, I have messed with my roadrunner quite a but the computer stuff is new to me. Is there anything i should be aware of and any tricks I should now to get the best performance out of it. The only available gas here is 92 octane with 10% ethonal. Im also running a K&N CAI. Also is there a noticable difference running the 180 stat? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ok heres what you got to do! You go to the Performance Modification forum, and on the top right just above the first thread, there is "search this forum" click on that and a box will pop up, type in "predator tuner" and hit "go".
You'll find 183,762.5 threads expalining predator tuners!

Ok im done being a smart ass, sorry. This time for real, Predator tuners can actually be pretty simple, I was scared $h!tless when I first got mine but its not that bad at all. Basically It comes with preset tunes, you just plug it into the car pick the tune you want and follow the on screen instructions. Its quick to get the hang of it, no worries, and theres always folks here that will help.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
a bit of information, with a six speed the guys report less of an improvement thab the auto guys. i have an auto and i just love the 91 cai tune. oh, also witk the 93 tune some have reported that the car was less responsive. but y'll see all that when you do what bigbear told you to do.
good luck, post your results.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Like josh said they are easy to use and one of the preloaded tunes you can choice is for 91 octane and a CAI and that should work with your gas only being 92. Most places have the 10% ethenol so that won't be a problem other than your mileage won't be as good as with real gas. I don't have 180 degree stat but most people say you should and your predator will let you adjust your fans if you do get a stat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info thanks. anybody seen the performance aps for iphone? apparently you can plug your iphone into the car and get 0-60, 1/4 mile etc.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have been VERY impressed with the canned CAI93Oct tune, 180 t-stat w/fans adjusted, throttle boost adjusted 12%, MDS Off, and really liked the shift firmness adjusted in the transmission. To me, the predator was a great investment and there was definitely at least a $300 improvement in performance of my car so money well spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts