Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my predator from another member on here. It currently has version 9R25 installed on it. Should I update it to the newest version 9R28 before I install it in the car? Also does anyone know what the changes in the versions is? I looked on the diablosports site but could not find a 9R25 listed. Just curious. Will the 9R28 give me throttle boost on my 6-speed? Thank you for the help!
Brian

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
If you don't update the ver before useing the tunner and you want to upgrade it later you'll need to put the original tune in the car before upgradeing the predator and then go back and retune the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the 9r25 in my srt8 six speed and it works fine. As far as upgrading to 9r28, you can do it but from my understanding you won't gain anything on a six speed. Throttle boost only supports auto trans and not manual trans. I believe diablosport is working on support for manual trans though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. I did not know about having to reset the car before updating the tuner. With that I guess I will update it before I install it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
629 Posts
There is a new CROM available that isn't on the Diablosport website. Mike with Diablosport can email it to you if you shoot him a message.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
As I understand it, throttle boost increases the amount of throttle plate movement with the amount of gas pedal movement. I now have to get used to the new feeling. I go the track almost weekly and my 60 ft.s suffered as I spun enough to cost me a tenth or a bit more. I need to adjust or go back to my stock throttle settings.Only got two passes Sunday and my second pass did improve a little. But rain cut the session short. I will try to get some practice in this week and see if I can teach this old dog some new tricks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.