Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Predator vs Trinity Programmer

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  SpudRacer 
#1 · (Edited)
What are the differences or benefits of using one vs the other? Is the Trinity worth the extra money? Can we hear from those who've bought the Trinity, do you recommend it? Or do you regret spending the extra money and recommend others buy a Predator instead...

Lastly, I came up with an absolutely wicked idea... my Pastor is coming with me to Challengerfest2, and he'll be racing the PCP SRT8 against my Ram SRT10. My SCT tuner for the SRT10 comes with a valet tune... see where I'm going with this yet? Does the Predator or Trinity come with a valet tune? I think it'd be hysterical to load the valet tune into the Challenger before our race, then watch him scratch his head when he can't even break into the 14 seconds. I'll let him run it over and over, then offer to try it myself. While in the staging lane, I'll change the tune to a 93 octane performance tune and hopefully hit the 13 seconds. I'll come clean eventually, but not till we leave...

#2 ·
I have a Trinity and I like the extra logging and fake drag stip options it provides. It does not have all the options that the Predator (from what I see being posted, so I may be wrong) in terms of individual tuning items (such as turning off the skip shift). It does what I wanted it to do, but some time I want to play with a Predator just to see.

#3 ·
So the less expensive Predator has more tuning options than the more expensive Trinity?

Anyone else have any firsthand knowledge?

#4 ·
I thought the Trinity did everything the Predator does and more? The Predator does what I need, but it would be nice to have all the other things that a Trinity comes with as well. If you have the funds, I vote Trinity.

And there is no valet tune for our cars..even if there were I'd say you shouldn't do it. That is unless you plan to have him run 1 or 2 times before telling him, then install a real tune to let him run on lol. Now that would be funny, but I don't think he'd be too happy after traveling that far to only have you bump the power down so that he could only run 14s all day. lol

#5 ·
"Lastly, I came up with an absolutely wicked idea... my Pastor is coming with me to Challengerfest2, and he'll be racing the PCP SRT8 against my Ram SRT10. My SCT tuner for the SRT10 comes with a valet tune... see where I'm going with this yet? Does the Predator or Trinity come with a valet tune? I think it'd be hysterical to load the valet tune into the Challenger before our race, then watch him scratch his head when he can't even break into the 14 seconds. I'll let him run it over and over, then offer to try it myself. While in the staging lane, I'll change the tune to a 93 octane performance tune and hopefully hit the 13 seconds. I'll come clean eventually, but not till we leave... "

yeah that's a bit excessive either let him run your car or not. If you really want to surprise him set up a couple of hookers to come to you alls room later. JMHO :browsmiley:

#8 · (Edited)
"Lastly, I came up with an absolutely wicked idea... my Pastor is coming with me to Challengerfest2, and he'll be racing the PCP SRT8 against my Ram SRT10. My SCT tuner for the SRT10 comes with a valet tune... see where I'm going with this yet? Does the Predator or Trinity come with a valet tune? I think it'd be hysterical to load the valet tune into the Challenger before our race, then watch him scratch his head when he can't even break into the 14 seconds. I'll let him run it over and over, then offer to try it myself. While in the staging lane, I'll change the tune to a 93 octane performance tune and hopefully hit the 13 seconds. I'll come clean eventually, but not till we leave... "

yeah that's a bit excessive either let him run your car or not. If you really want to surprise him set up a couple of hookers to come to you alls room later. JMHO :browsmiley:
Great idea, but "Y'all's room" will end up being my RV, don't think my wife would take kindly to that. For the record, he is a world class prankster.

Anyone else comment about the differences between a Predator and a Trinity??

#7 ·
Challengerfest2

I came up with an absolutely wicked idea... my Pastor is coming with me to Challengerfest2, and he'll be racing the PCP SRT8 against my Ram SRT10. My SCT tuner for the SRT10 comes with a valet tune... see where I'm going with this yet? Does the Predator or Trinity come with a valet tune? I think it'd be hysterical to load the valet tune into the Challenger before our race, then watch him scratch his head when he can't even break into the 14 seconds. I'll let him run it over and over, then offer to try it myself. While in the staging lane, I'll change the tune to a 93 octane performance tune and hopefully hit the 13 seconds. I'll come clean eventually, but not till we leave...
Sounds like a good prank, but do you want your SRT to be embarrassed in front of all those spectators? :disappointed:

#9 ·
depends on how far you are wanting to go. wanna keep track of what your A/F is doing after each mod? i didnt do any research before i bought, and i ended up getting the predator cause i was in a hurry to go faster. And the price tag turned me away from the trinity.
You can hook up a wideband 02 sytem to your trinity, use it as a gauge, and do a lot more of your own tuning. Leave it hooked up, and use as active, real-time gauges to know what is going on at all times. And I believe it can be used on a wider range of hemi vehicles, trucks and all.
The biggest deal for me is the wideband gauge/monitor. Thats an extra $200 if bought seperate, a good digital one anyways, and makes up for most of the price difference. Wishing i would have just waited and saved up a few hundred more dollars before buying. JMHO

#10 ·
Bump for any more recommendations or suggestions...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.