Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Predator

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  09R/TPony 
#1 ·
Yep, you guys were right. Installed the Predator today and WOW :eyemouth: what a difference. Thanks for all the positive input.

#4 ·
Is the Predator available yet which will disable the MDS and change the shift points on a 2010 Auto RT?

#5 ·
Yeah, I think so.

#6 ·
Stupid question alert:

Once you make changes with the Predator (MDS disable, shift point changes etc...) do they stay that way until you change them back or does it reset to factory settings every time the car is turned off?

#12 ·
….I would strongly suggest searching though since there seems to be certain caveats as well as conflicting (or flat out wrong) information floating around out there. Sounds like you are already aware of that though.

I’m in the same boat btw. However, I don’t want to spend money on a tuner that will have a conflict with my model year, current factory flash version, etc. Unfortunately, it’s some of those features that folks seem to have compatibility issues with that are the ones I want the tuner for in the first place.

#13 ·
Yeah I've read of many of those same issues. Seems like it's hard to get a straight answer. My Challenger is stuck in the garage for 3-4 more months anyways though so I guess I have a lot of time to read up.

#14 ·
I put in the 93 octane tune and changed the shift points. I took it for a short test run. It definately pulls stronger and shifts right at the red line, which is 6025 on the SRT. I rolled out in first and hammered it at about 20 mph. The back end broke loose and did a little fish tale right to left. It hasn't ever did this before. That was with stability control on. The power is there and you can feel it. None of this, well I think its quicker. It is!

#21 ·
I put in the 93 octane tune and changed the shift points. I took it for a short test run.
Did you change shift points or shift firmness. If shift POINTS, please, do tell, how did you do that and under what menu options?

#15 ·
Ok, i started a thread "diapointed by predator" i found that the 09 rt auto u can shut off mds you can change shift firmness but not shift points, at least on the 09 rt.
oh i also reset tcm adaption.
also i loaded the 91 cai and got a good feel for more power, but without track or dyno proof.
noticed today that gas milage was better where i drive around maybe to do mds delete.

haven't tried esp off yet, as i'm having a lot of traction problems now.
diablo mike says to post your questions on the diablo site for quick response from them.
good luck, i'm very happy with the predator.

#17 ·
haven't tried esp off yet, as i'm having a lot of traction problems now.
diablo mike says to post your questions on the diablo site for quick response from them.
good luck, i'm very happy with the predator.
Just a note on disabling ESP on the R/T's.When you press the ESP button it will partially disable the system,...then while in drive and moving forward turn the key to the full start position,(the stater will not crank),and hold it there until you hear a few chimes.The ESP and BAS will be illuminated indicating that the ESP system is fully disabled.Hang on an have fun,:burnout:

#16 ·
Disable MDS - Yes
Change shiftpoints - no.. you can adjust shift FIRMNESS, but not shift points

Horsepower increase and gas mileage improvements are mutually exclusive.. especially since you'll want to put your foot in it more once you have the tune installed. On my 09 R/T, Auto, HP stock was 332 (at the wheels). With 93CAI tune it was 345. So, slightly less than 5% increase. Butt dyno feels more though.

Once you make a change/install the tune., it stays until you return to stock.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.