Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I wonder if it does anything for the AD issue it says the following:

Release 9r28 (Internal Update, No tune or feature changes)

the one right below it says it adds support for 68061225AA and this doesn't say supports AD

·
Registered
51 Posts
itzrick... My predator is version 9r27 and I installed it last week with the AD calid ... I thought maybe that issue was already resolved . Made a post about it but got no response. Rich

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I have an AC and never had a problem but others with 9.27 said thet couldn't do AD cars and they came to the decition it was the 9.27 wouldn't do AD. If yours does than I don't know what the deal is.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
To ask a silly question, what does "AC" or "AD" stand for? I see it mentioned a few times. I just received my Predator, haven't hooked it up yet. I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
When you hook it up it looks at what software your car computer has in it and that's what it will tell you your original tune is. the last 2 letters of that is the AC AD thing we are talking about. The predator currently won't support some AD software and you have to downgrade your computer to AC to use it. I haven't heard of anyone having a problem from doing that but it would scare me. I don't know that the letters are an acronim but I just think a version nameing thing.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Thank you. I get it now. So when I initially hook the Predator up the first time, it will tell me what software version is in my car.
I should only update the predator to 9r28 after marrying it to my car, correct?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If your going to undate the predator you'll need to save your original tune to the computer before upgadeing or upgrade before useing for the first time. I'm just sticking with the 9.27 untill I have a problem. The worst case if your useing 9.27 is it will ask you if you want to downgrade the software to AC and say no and update the predator and see what happens. I read somewere that some upgrades of predators will loose the tunes stored in them. That's why I said save it before upgradeing the predator. I saved mine to my computer anyway. I work with computers every day and don't trust any data not backed up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
to further confuse things my calid is 68004309AD not 68052005AD....... SO apparently there are differences other than the AD or AC .

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
to further confuse things my calid is 68004309AD not 68052005AD....... SO apparently there are differences other than the AD or AC .
I'm wondering if the 52005 is for RTs and the 4309 is SRT software. I think the AC AD is just versions of the computer that software. It would be intresting to see if all Rts have 52005s I know mine does and someone else on this thread had an RT with 52005.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have Cal ID 68054009AD on my 2010 R/T 6speed and 9r28 on the predator. If I downgrade to 68054009AC, will I be able to restore it to AD if needed or am I stuck on AC?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have Cal ID 68054009AD on my 2010 R/T 6speed and 9r28 on the predator. If I downgrade to 68054009AC, will I be able to restore it to AD if needed or am I stuck on AC?[/QUOTE
It would require a dealer flash to restore it ... if you have a cool service writer at the dealership this is not a problem , but then your back to square one and your predator will want to downgrade you.Also who knows what the next flash from chrysler will be... could be a whole new calid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Itzrick ... hey just looked over that techauthority PDF file . looks like the 68052005AC to 68052005AD change on the R/T,s did not have a TSB associated with it so I doubt downgrading the calid would be a problem. Schiffyliffer according to the chart 68054009AC is the only one listed there is no 68054009AD on it. Need to find out if something was fixed/changed or if it's just a part # change

·
Registered
498 Posts
Still haven't heard from anyone at Diablosport come out and say that yes, 9r28 now fully supports the new 68052005AD calid. My Predator came with a 9r23b crom file which worked fine with my Feb. 2010 Challenger and it's 68052005AC calid but that was reflashed last Nov. when I had my car in for the safety recall to the AD calid and I had to download the 9r28 crom just yesterday to get my tool to work with the car again. (My car has been garaged the last 3 months hooked up to a Battery Tender JR. and I hadn't yet tried to reload the perf tunes since the dealer only did part of the recall work but was missing a module needed to complete the service) So far so good but I'm still in the dark as to whether I've been upgraded to the AD or downgraded back to good ol' AC calid. I found one thread on the subject at the DS Dodge Gas Predator forum where Mike L. replied with only "Done" so I guess I'm to assume yes the AD calid is now supported fully from that answer. Either way at least it's no problem to update the tool to work again and my hotrod is now back in business!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If you look at the file you saved to your predator it shows you what you have in it.
Mine does when I save it to the computer. I still use 9r27.

·
Banned
811 Posts
Still haven't heard from anyone at Diablosport come out and say that yes, 9r28 now fully supports the new 68052005AD calid. My Predator came with a 9r23b crom file which worked fine with my Feb. 2010 Challenger and it's 68052005AC calid but that was reflashed last Nov. when I had my car in for the safety recall to the AD calid and I had to download the 9r28 crom just yesterday to get my tool to work with the car again. (My car has been garaged the last 3 months hooked up to a Battery Tender JR. and I hadn't yet tried to reload the perf tunes since the dealer only did part of the recall work but was missing a module needed to complete the service) So far so good but I'm still in the dark as to whether I've been upgraded to the AD or downgraded back to good ol' AC calid. I found one thread on the subject at the DS Dodge Gas Predator forum where Mike L. replied with only "Done" so I guess I'm to assume yes the AD calid is now supported fully from that answer. Either way at least it's no problem to update the tool to work again and my hotrod is now back in business!
It supports 68052005AD. You can check what CalID your PCM has in the Diagnostics menu of the Predator.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts