Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after cannibalising this stuff from my last stereo, had to wait to install it until i had the money to get the rest. i go on vacation in a few weeks, hope it warms up a bit before then so i have the whole week for the install.

what i have right now

2 kicker CVX 12s 750w rms each, i wanted to try a sealed box this time, in the ported one they where making my car fall apart

second battery

power wire, that one is 3 runs of CCA which from my estimation should be plenty, and the bag is bits of 0g i had left over from my last car.

amps of course, zx2500.1 and zx 650.4

RCA's

3 way electronic crossover

kicker QS65.2 x 2 love these speakers(cuz they are the only ones i havent blown out)

this pic is just to show the beefy magnets

had to buy a diffrent 4 channel amp (which is being shiped now) cuz the one RCA output on this amp is bad and dont know anyone who can fix it, plus i figure if I ever do get it fixed ill just use it to add more speakers :bouncy:

i'll add everything I got being shipped once it gets here

·
Registered
956 Posts
Sweet deal. Take lots of pictures of the tear down and sound deadening.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
got my other parts in.

a bit of rubber anyone?

little bits

figured id go with a pretty big isolator incase i decide to upgrade my alternator

this amp is going to power my kickers

some 4g wire

decided since only half of one of my amps work, ill use it to power this 8" crescendo midwoofer and set it to help out with the midbass

now just to wait for my vacation week to do the install, best way to do it so i only have to tear it apart once

·
Registered
956 Posts
Depending on how thoroughly you plan on deadening the car, budget for the full week and then some. I did my truck from floor to roof and it took me closer to 2 weeks of constant work. It was barely driveable that second week, but I had to get to work and back. I only did the doors of the Challenger and that still took me a few days for tear down, deadening, vinyl, baffles, and speaker mounting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im doing the trunk doors and foor, and it will be me and my brother doing it, so its not just me.

does anyone have links to posts or videos of how to remove the carpet easily so I dont mess anything up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well got all my speakers in and wires done just have to finish building the amp rack. didnt get to sound deadening the whole car yet cuz the raammat i ordered showed up 5 days late

running the power wire was pretty easy just had to lay in some uncomfortable positions to pull it threw the firewall. i got the power wire and remote turn-on wire running along the door, and my front speaker wires and rca's running down the center concal

got this neatly tucked in side the dash

door tweeters where pretty east

keeped the crossovers inside the car, so dont have to worry about moisture, and it fit nicely into the side pockets

for my speaker brackets for the doors I decided to make my own out of plexiglass. which a local place sold it in 1/4 inch without special order. it took some time since we didnt have all the proper tools, but it looks and works pretty good

took some figuring out but decided to mount the back crossovers plus my electronic crossover in behind the fender well

before i finaly installed the speakers I wraped the bracket in some sound deadening

took some beating of the metal to get this baby in where the factory sub would sit, but she fits nice now

got the whole car back together and last to connect the power wires and

1 - 10 of 10 Posts