Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
We were wondering if the Scat exhaust system could be used on the +2017 RTs. Not sure if that was ever answered though? There were 2 or 3 threads floating around about the AWE exhaust.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking I saw someone mentioning if the scats would work with our 5.7
I mean it should work but someone is going to have to take a hit for the team lol

Cause I don’t want to purchase this and end up with a CEL cause of the AES

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a corsa extreme now and I made up my mind that I am going to get this system. Seems crazy but I currently have 2.5" catback and 3" should bump up the sound. I know this is true because Freiburger said so. :)
I wanted to go with corsa but everyone runs it
So I wanted to try something different

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
One thing I don’t see on the pictures from the website the AES system or I’m i just to tired and blind?? My 17 has the valves and the pictures don’t show anything where to put them
We supply mechanical simulators for the valves to attach to. The simulators allow the valve motors to remain operational and keep the ECU happy.

Example here:

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We were wondering if the Scat exhaust system could be used on the +2017 RTs. Not sure if that was ever answered though? There were 2 or 3 threads floating around about the AWE exhaust.
Just so it's clear, the upcoming options will be applicable to '15+ RTs :)

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yes but 2015-2016 RTs (2.5" exhaust) did not have active exhaust where as +2017 (2.75" exhaust) do. So technically a Scat pack exhaust would work on an RT...at least that is what trouble makers like me think.
The H-pipe is a bit different across the applications. But otherwise, yep. Covered regardless of AES, too. (y)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,891 Posts
Of course! Dyno data is a standard procedure. I'll have it upon launch :)
Reason I brought it up is there was some discussion if going to 3" causes the 5.7 to lose power. There are threads that disprove it but dyno data would be nice. Thanks!

·
Vendor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Reason I brought it up is there was some discussion if going to 3" causes the 5.7 to lose power. There are threads that disprove it but dyno data would be nice. Thanks!
We saw healthy gains with the exhaust on a stock 5.7L, just like we did on the other motors :cool:

·
Vendor
13 Posts
FAQ Friday - Anti-Seize
I know this owners group is very likely familiar with this copper or nickel based wonder compound, but for those that are getting ready to install their systems, grab that anti-seize because you'll need it for the threads on the tip clamps! Just a little dab or brush. My Pro Tip: Loosen the clamp and put a dab just below the upper barrel nut, and then work the Anti-seize through to make sure everything is good and ready for install.

Unlike the clamps on the pipes (60lb ft of torque), the tips clamps are going to be 18-20lb ft. We generally go by feel.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts