Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the BK in the Challenger Saturday to pick up a to-go order. Gorgeous looking 18 year old girl, 5' 7" with the long brown hair behind the counter, smiles and says "nice Camaro!" To which I replied, "you just ruined my day".

Oh, what could have been...

:D

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Teaching opportunity.

You lost.

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
Stopped by the BK in the Challenger Saturday to pick up a to-go order. Gorgeous looking 18 year old girl, 5' 7" with the long brown hair behind the counter, smiles and says "nice Camaro!" To which I replied, "you just ruined my day".

If she was that hot she could have said "awesome prius" and you'd answer thank you so much, what time do I pick you up? Why do you care what she calls it, it's what happens later.......

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
545 Posts
You know, I rather hear that and get a good laugh than hear another "sweet Charger bro".

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yep, it's funny with the Retro cars....

Either the wrong make/model, or I cannot tell you how often I am asked, "is that engine bay stock?" I love the car so much I pretty much do not take offense about anything :).

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If she was that hot she could have said "awesome prius" and you'd answer thank you so much, what time do I pick you up? Why do you care what she calls it, it's what happens later.......
Later?

In my case, that would have been DIVORCE.

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
Either the wrong make/model, or I cannot tell you how often I am asked, "is that engine bay stock?" I love the car so much I pretty much do not take offense about anything :).

Close that hood, the glare is making it hard to read your post, lol.

Reactions: swiftjr

·
Registered
347 Posts

An ignorant fetus misidentifies your car, and you take offense? 15RT is right...that was a lost teaching opportunity. You should have informed her that "there is no such thing as a nice Camaro". Not true, I know, but she would've stood corrected. Then, you leave her your number on the off chance that she might actually become self-aware at some point in her future.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the record, I didn't come down too hard on Miss Teen America... After politely correcting her, she did manage to get it right the 2nd time...

Oh, and in case I wasn't clear, I'm very happily married to quite a hottie. If I may say so myself.

;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
You know, I rather hear that and get a good laugh than hear another "sweet Charger bro".
Yep I got that the other night when a man and his wife were leaving the restaurant. He walked up to my car where I was waiting for the wife and told me that was one beautiful Charger. I just nodded and said thanks. As they walked away I could still hear him telling his wife how gorgeous those Chargers are. I'm past taking offense and just accept the compliment. When I had my hemi orange Daytona Charger I got more than one compliment on what a nice looking Challenger it was. Not everyone knows what it is by name but they all know beauty when they see it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I had an 8yr old after soccer say "Check out that nice Mustang" then his father told him "No that's a Charger.".

I told them both "Actually it's a Challenger" as they both passed looking quite confused..

Gave me a good chuckle....

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Obviously it wasn't her brains that landed her the prestigious job at BK.
Yeah, for sure... Her co-workers were bagging food, saying to each other "she just called that guy's car a Camaro" while shaking their heads.

I'm thinking her cluelessness was nothing new.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

For the record, I didn't come down too hard on Miss Teen America... After politely correcting her, she did manage to get it right the 2nd time...

Oh, and in case I wasn't clear, I'm very happily married to quite a hottie. If I may say so myself.

;)
Not clear... I helped you highlight it for the Mrs. :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
hrrm

You should have mentioned that the back seat of a mustang is much to small and that in a challenger like yours is you can fit two adults comfortably then offered to prove it.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You should have opened up the bag and asked "Where's the Big Mac and the Fillet o Fish sandwich ? That would have really blown her mind.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bet less than 5% of the 18 y/o population today has ever even heard of a Pinto lol.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My girlfriend knew what my Challenger was when I met her and she rolls down my 20% tinted windows whenever she sees a cop. Shes perfect haha

She didnt known what an SRT was though. She does now, and always points out other SRT "brothers" on the road haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.