Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had an issue with my neighbors hitting my doors, since I was getting a new Scat Pack I came up with an idea to prevent this, see below, Im thiking on selling them on line,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I thought about using swimming pool noodles too but you have to find a way to strap it inside the window or door. Some people won't like the glue residue the duct tape leaves.
I can also imagine kids taking them off and playing with them.

I've seen something similar online before, it straps inside the door somehow.

BTW....You park that car in a apartment complex? I'd put a Pit Bull in it overnight!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about using swimming pool noodles too but you have to find a way to strap it inside the window or door. Some people won't like the glue residue the duct tape leaves.
I can also imagine kids taking them off and playing with them.

I've seen something similar online before, it straps inside the door somehow.

BTW....You park that car in a apartment complex? I'd put a Pit Bull in it overnight!
The duct tape is not attached to the car, I would never do that lol !! and is a private complex wit security 24/7 and the car sleeps under a cover

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
The duct tape is not attached to the car, I would never do that lol !!
So how do the noodles attach, and why is the duct tape on there?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
at least the car next to you was red so if your trade paint it won't be as noticeable :D

Seriously, why not 4 posts and "Police line do not cross" tape and rope off your car and 1 space on each side? :D

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Those look cool but knowing my luck people would still try and steal those and someone screw something else up. Ill keep parking in BFE.
I use them when I can't find a safe parking space. I had a concern about some jackwagon pulling on the cable too so I cut off the cable and just pop on the door shox. Takes a second. I'd rather have someone steal it then try and rip a cable out. But to my surprise, no one has ever touched them. So I consider it better to have them on when in a bad parking space then not. Greater chance of getting a dent then having these stolen.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I use them when I can't find a safe parking space. I had a concern about some jackwagon pulling on the cable too so I cut off the cable and just pop on the door shox. Takes a second. I'd rather have someone steal it then try and rip a cable out. But to my surprise, no one has ever touched them. So I consider it better to have them on when in a bad parking space then not. Greater chance of getting a dent then having these stolen.
i as well have used them for a good couple years & did the same thing of cutting them & nobody has stole. but use more in my garage where my wife, not a car person at all, even after all these years together will get door swing happy on me. she's got better but not perfect.

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
good idea, but it may bring more attention to your car for that lurking jag off who will target it for no rational reason other than his/her own multiple dysfunctions.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
at least the car next to you was red so if your trade paint it won't be as noticeable :D

Seriously, why not 4 posts and "Police line do not cross" tape and rope off your car and 1 space on each side? :D
Thats my daughters car and you suggest not to do anytingh to protect the car ??

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
I have seen this done before. In the one that I saw, the outside pool noddle door protector had a looped string running through the middle of it. The other end was run through the middle of a smaller pool noddle on the inside of the window glass. You secured it in place by simply rolling up the window. Simple, but effective.

I agree with others, however, that since they are so visible (even if the same color of the car), they may invite trouble.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Other cars are easy to avoid in parking lots. It is when the Challenger is in the garage that there is a problem. I have had the PDR guy out four times since I bought my '14 Challenger due to the kids swinging open the Durango door and denting it. I think they will be buying me this for Fathers Day.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Those will go great with my fabulous invention:

Seriously though, in order to keep your car beautiful, you hang something on it that looks like ass? I guess I just don't get it. It might attract wandering keys too, kind of like putting cones up around your car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts