Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been tinkering with the idea of geting back into the Mopar world...I sold my Charger SE about a year ago and figured I may get a Challenger this time although living in NH heading into the winter I'm not to sure of that thinking lol

Anyways 2016 Pitch Black SXT with the SXT Plus 3.6 package and sunroof (not that psyched)

Total MSRP 32,285

Dealer says blowout price 25,500

Seems like this car is pretty well loaded although I think he can do better on price.....of course he claims no more room...this is it.....

Thoughts?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Been tinkering with the idea of geting back into the Mopar world...I sold my Charger SE about a year ago and figured I may get a Challenger this time although living in NH heading into the winter I'm not to sure of that thinking lol

Anyways 2016 Pitch Black SXT with the SXT Plus 3.6 package and sunroof (not that psyched)

Total MSRP 32,285

Dealer says blowout price 25,500

Seems like this car is pretty well loaded although I think he can do better on price.....of course he claims no more room...this is it.....

Thoughts?
A salesman's word is worth its weight in dirt.

Offer $24500 out the door and watch him "go talk to his manager".

You probably won't get it, but he'll suddenly have room to move.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually that was the sales manager giving me that price. I was there originally looking at a 2017 Go Mango SXT with the Blacktop Package for 25363 OTD. They wouldn?t budge at all on that price. That?s when he brought up the leftover 2016. I didn?t pursue it too much as it has the sunroof

I sat in another SXT plus today with the roof and it seemed fairly close to my head but doable with seat down all the way

I am gathering a little bit interest in the car due to all the equipment it comes with

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,882 Posts
The '18 SXT base models come with a better, larger Uconnect display, 7" vs the 5.5" of all previous years. Also comes with better wheels, a rear black spoiler with a camera, one touch up AND down window switches. All that for the same price as the '17 or the '16 SXT models, (without the Plus package). This 2018 GoMango is in VA for $24,280 (MSRP $29,385). I will say though that '16 SXT Plus is a pretty good deal at that price of $25,500.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The '18 SXT base models come with a better, larger Uconnect display, 7" vs the 5.5" of all previous years. Also comes with better wheels, a rear black spoiler with a camera, one touch up AND down window switches. All that for the same price as the '17 or the '16 SXT models, (without the Plus package). This 2018 GoMango is in VA for $24,280 (MSRP $29,385). I will say though that '16 SXT Plus is a pretty good deal at that price of $25,500.

At what dealer is that Go Mango in VA at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2017 leftover Granite SXT Plus with nav. Right now $7500 in incentives. I looked at a few used, but couldn't compare to a new one in price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought a 2017 leftover Granite SXT Plus with nav. Right now $7500 in incentives. I looked at a few used, but couldn't compare to a new one in price.
7500? I thought the max was 2250 right now?

What was MSRP and how much did you get it for OTD?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was watching and they had almost $4k in Labor day incentives, but the week after they added a few more in my area. USAA, Existing lease from another vehicle, etc. The discounts seem to vary by your zip code. In my area the local dealer had 20% off Ram sticker prices too..When I bought my 14 Laramie, I got almost $10k off the sticker.

I would have to dig out the paperwork to get the out the door price, but I made a point of checking that there were $7500 in markdowns from the $32,180 sticker. Like I said, SXT Plus with nav and spare tire.

·
Premium Member
9,370 Posts
Make sure you’re not paying over what insurance would pay in a loss. They can’t argue anything if it’s worth less than their asking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts