Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice - I'm considering the purchase of some aftermarket rims & tires for my R/T, but I need to know about how much to expect to get if I try to sell my 20" chrome-clads with the stock Goodyears? The wheels themselves are in perfect shape; the tires have about 10k of very conservative driving on them (rotated once at about 5k) and still have about 80% tread left. I've seen what folks generally ask for them on this forum and on eBay, but the key is that I don't want to have to sit on them for months on end waiting for them to sell. Considering that, would $800 for the set be too much to ask, or should I be lower?

I trust you guys on here for honest advice......of course I could practically give them away and they'd move REAL fast, but I need the $$$ from them to help finance the new rims & tires. I just need to know what's reasonable to expect from them, both money and time-wise.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I sold my Chrome Clad rims with lugs no tires, or sensors for $500 less than 1500 miles on them went pretty fast. I just sold a set of SRT8 Reproduction rims that had the original tires and sensors from my car for $800 they had less than 3000 miles on them sold fairly quick also. No one tried to beat me down at these prices but I had a few talkers that really wanted them but didn't come up with the money. I felt my prices were very reasonable right where they were. I did not ship (very costly especially with tires) one buyer came to my house and the other I meet part way in between. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that does help some with my decision - that will help cut my cash outlay for the new wheels & tires about in half. I think that I may try the Craigslist route first so that I can get some local exposure and help eliminate the shipping issue. It helps that these OEM wheels & tires fit other LX-body cars, I'm sure that will open them up to a larger group of potential buyers.

If you hear of anyone on CT that may be interested, feel free to drop me a message......I probably will end up posting them on the forum for sale at some point.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.