Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Challenger RT with the high intensity lights. One headlight stopped working. Auto parts store says one (1) replacement light costs $130. Is this right??? Please advise

Joe in NYC

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I would think a 10 should still be under warranty but from what I've heard alot of times it's the ballus and not the bulb that's bad. Still would be a warranty problem.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've never heard of a bulb or ballast going bad on a modern Mopar with stock HIDS. It being a 2010 how could it not still be under warranty? If you want cheap HIDs for fogs they are only $40 a pair for bulbs and ballasts. It's hard to pinpoint the exact Kelvin of stock bulbs so it's hard to find an exact match.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I believe the HID lights are a $750 option so I'm sure they are expensive to replace. I would check with your dealer about them being covered under warranty.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The $695 that I spent on this option was the best money I have spent in a long time. I come home from work in the dark every night and these lights really do light up the night from way over on the left side of the road to way over on the right side. And the high beams are the bomb! If someone hit a critter at night with their lights on they must have crawled into the trunk while they were driving, you can see everything for about 1/2 mile.
Is $130 alot for a bulb? Yes! Do they fail very often? NO. 3 year-36,000 mile warranty should take care of any manufacturer defect. Will I ever buy a new car without them? No. Take it to the dealer and they will fix it. These lights should be standard equipment on cars these days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HID Lights

Yes, my car is under warranty. I didn't think stuff like headlights, brakes, etc were covered. I will contact the dealership on Monday. Thanks guys.

JR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts