Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any news on what the cost range shall be....i'm saving now till i get it. ..its so amazing..this is going to be the collecter car 30 years from now... i just want it SO BADD!!!.... :D

so again, any news on a price range?:p

·
Registered
136 Posts
I really don't think DCX will make this anymore expensive than the current srt-8 cars. If it does have the new 500+ horsepower motor than it might push 43,000 or 45,000 starting but I can't imagine them going any higher than that. Just my view, take a look at the all of the current srt-8 cars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My god, they cannot push 43-45k! Hopefully they will run like the chargers do with different models etc. I couldn't afford the SRT, the Daytona with no extra's is my range.

If Dodge is really trying to take away from the Mustang crowd, then they have to try to appeal to the lower end scale i.e Mustang L.X etc. The totally pimped out GT or even the SVT Cobra doesn't run into the high 40's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show, Ford announced that the Shelby Mustang GT 500 will have a base price in the "Low 40's". That would put a modestly equiped version around $45K so cpvest2's assessment of a $43-45K Challenger SRT8 would seem right on target.

Personally, I would rather see the Low end Challenger priced in the $30's while the top-of-the-line in the $40's... I'm not really looking forward to seeing hundereds of these cars on the road...

Well, that's just my opinion... ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
kirndog said:
My god, they cannot push 43-45k! Hopefully they will run like the chargers do with different models etc. I couldn't afford the SRT, the Daytona with no extra's is my range.

If Dodge is really trying to take away from the Mustang crowd, then they have to try to appeal to the lower end scale i.e Mustang L.X etc. The totally pimped out GT or even the SVT Cobra doesn't run into the high 40's.
If you can afford a Charger Daytona then you'll be able get a nicely equipped Challenger. Remember the competition and their prices and what DCX has to do to compete.

You have to see this car in person to appreciate just how cool it really is. I think striking is how I would describe it. The Challenger is really, really something totally different than we're used to.

Anyone that thinks this is just a knock-off of the old Challenger is wrong. This car is much more than retro. If the car didn't have the Challenger name stamped on it, I'd still buy it.

Price is an important factor for most people. Let's see what developes in the next few months and then we all can make our plans. Everything is gonna be fine for all of us.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It All Depends On How Bad You Want It.and What It Is Worth To You To Have It. For Me It Will Take Giving Up Almost Everthing To Get This New Challenger. But It Is What I Want And It Is Worth It To Me!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Now this is just my opinion, but I think we need to keep in mind who the competition is for this car, Mustang. If Dodge is going to produce this car to compete with Shelby Mustang GT 500 only, they will have missed the mark COMPLETELY.

This car needs to be marketed as direct competition with Mustang (all models), if this is kept in mind by DC I firmly believe that the Challenger will be similar in price (structure) to the Mustang. I would think that the highest model SRT-8 (if they call it that) would be similar in price to the Mustang GT 500 and models would go down from there to mirror the Mustang models.

Again this is my opinion, what are your feelings? I know this will be the main discussion point until production date and price structure is announced. This keeps things fun while we are waiting though.

ScottyJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
ScottyJ said:
Now this is just my opinion, but I think we need to keep in mind who the competition is for this car, Mustang. If Dodge is going to produce this car to compete with Shelby Mustang GT 500 only, they will have missed the mark COMPLETELY.

This car needs to be marketed as direct competition with Mustang (all models), if this is kept in mind by DC I firmly believe that the Challenger will be similar in price (structure) to the Mustang. I would think that the highest model SRT-8 (if they call it that) would be similar in price to the Mustang GT 500 and models would go down from there to mirror the Mustang models.

Again this is my opinion, what are your feelings? I know this will be the main discussion point until production date and price structure is announced. This keeps things fun while we are waiting though.

ScottyJ
Basically what he said. I would think you can get a nicely equipt RT model in the low 30's. I would love an SRT version but I think a RT with a 5.7 liter HEMI in it will be what I can afford.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This is by far the best looking car I have ever seen, bar none. Dodge has really turned the corner on great looking vehicles. The Charger, Magnum are fantastic looking cars, and are real head turners.

I agree with the poster above who said that he doesn't want to see 100's of the cars on the roads. However with that being said, I don't want the car so out of my price range that I have to drool over yours!!! ;)

Low 20's for a base model. 30+ for a very nicely equiped model and 40+ for you old timers trying to relive your youth! :D :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
DC needs to decide what kind of business model they are looking to accomplish. All of the posts here make sense to me. I would just as soon keep this car as a limited edition specialty thing, but I don't want to see people who can't afford one be left out.

OK. Make a 6.4L, factory supercharged SE. I'm satisfied.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is not just the old timers that want the big motor car. DCX is actually going to build a rear drive sports car (be it a huge "sports" car), I am 22 and just finished school. I have never bought anything but chrysler products and my family races a rear engine dragster with a 636 HEMI. I have always bought the performance models of the lines, my current cars are the srt-4 and Dakota R/T. I just want this car to be something that normal people can buy, not the viper.

I just checked the prices for the charger, base is 22,295 for the se v6, and all the way up to the srt-8 for 38,095. I am going to say the charger will follow this exactly, same platform with two doors instead of four. We all could be wrong and DCX jack up the price and make this thing a baby viper and charge 55K+, but I think they are smarter than that. They know who will buy this car and how much these people are willing to pay for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts