Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the Challenger world and was hoping to get some advice on pricing.

'17 SPS, 5K miles, A8, Convenience group, Alcantara, Sunroof, Nav

Another note is that there is an accident on the Carfax which the dealer showed me the body shop receipt and everything which was a minor scratch on the rear side panel - this was fixed.

Dealer is asking around 40K. Is that a fair price to haggle around or is he completely trying to rip me off? I definitely feel it's too high but not sure by how much.

Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
So it is a 17, has 5k miles, and an accident?

Why are you looking at this one specifically?

Lots of clean cars out there, I wouldn’t get attached to this one.

The fact that someone bought this, drove it for 5k miles, got in an accident, then got rid of it tells me something is up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I am inclined to agree with you all.

Most of the used ones I see are 2016 without the convenience group - is it critical on these cars (i.e. Blind Spot Monitoring)?

I was looking for 2017 mainly for Android Auto and newer Uconnect, no other reason.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
702 Posts
You can probably buy brand new for $40k.

That car should be well below $40k. $36k seems reasonable. What do you think they would give YOU if you were trading it in to them?

Look on-line. Lots of these cars hitting the market off of leases and stuff.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've seen several loaded 2015-2016 Scat packs in my area with less than 5000 miles for around 36K

Reactions: silver scat

·
Super Moderator
15,595 Posts
Thanks guys, I am inclined to agree with you all.

Most of the used ones I see are 2016 without the convenience group - is it critical on these cars (i.e. Blind Spot Monitoring)?

I was looking for 2017 mainly for Android Auto and newer Uconnect, no other reason.
I have the Convenience Group - the added plus is the cross-path goes into longer range when in Reverse.
-if you have any pedestrians or cars approaching when backing up - it sounds off and the tones and indicator show from which side.

Its a feature that I find comes in really handy.

Convenience Group also adds HIDs and the other option that includes HIDs is SP Appearance Group.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I seen an 2017 SCATPACK SHAKER 392 go for 36k with alcantara seats, nav, sunroof and conv. group brand new off the lot they are having sales on them now to push them off the lot to make room for the 2018's. Shoot I seen 2018s go for 38k you definitely have to search around.

I'm looking my damn self for a loaded 2017/18 SCATPACK SHAKER 392 loaded with everything besides the sunroof either 4 or 6 piston brembo's.

·
Super Moderator
15,595 Posts
I seen an 2017 SCATPACK SHAKER 392 go for 36k with alcantara seats, nav, sunroof and conv. group brand new off the lot they are having sales on them now to push them off the lot to make room for the 2018's. Shoot I seen 2018s go for 38k you definitely have to search around.

I'm looking my damn self for a loaded 2017/18 SCATPACK SHAKER 392 loaded with everything besides the sunroof either 4 or 6 piston brembo's.
That's going to be tough to find one optioned up that much and w/o a sunroof - especially since the Dynamics Option is $2k and if A8 w/ Tech Grp (another big $$ option) and Harmon Kardon $2k for that. Most will probably have every option at that point will price into the $50s

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's going to be tough to find one optioned up that much and w/o a sunroof - especially since the Dynamics Option is $2k and if A8 w/ Tech Grp (another big $$ option) and Harmon Kardon $2k for that. Most will probably have every option at that point will price into the $50s
It depends on which dealership you go to like I said they are having sales. I've already seen 2018 loaded with those options I said going for $38-43k they are trying to move these vehicles plus its about to be winter. I think a 2dr muscle car is the last thing on a person mind when its comes to winter weather.

I don't know where you live at Hal H but where I live at they are marking these vehicles down.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
When I was considering a 392 T/A, I found a number of dealers offering $10-12K discounts in the July-August time frame. $52K T/A 392 with leather/DCG/SR/Nav for $42K or close to that. I wouldn't offer more than $36-38K for a used SP.

There is a nice new 2016 SRT8 Manual B5 Blue at Brandon Dodge which they should let go for $42 if they are smart. Haven't checked in a month, but it was there since March when I drove it.

Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
Use cargurus.com and carmax.com to get a feel for a decent price to look out for. Cargurus give an good deal/poor deal indicator based on some kind of pricing metrics they collect. And Car max has some kind of universal across the nation pricing algorithm they use that seems outside the manipulation of local employees. Kelly bluebook of course is a good reference as well.

One other thing I'll mention is that when pricing with a dealership make sure you are negotiating on the 'out the door' price. Too many of those places will throw on thousands in fees after the price you negotiate on. Start from the beginning talking 'out the door' pricing and it can save you any surprises with the pen in your hand.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I was considering a 392 T/A, I found a number of dealers offering $10-12K discounts in the July-August time frame. $52K T/A 392 with leather/DCG/SR/Nav for $42K or close to that. I wouldn't offer more than $36-38K for a used SP.

There is a nice new 2016 SRT8 Manual B5 Blue at Brandon Dodge which they should let go for $42 if they are smart. Haven't checked in a month, but it was there since March when I drove it.

Bob
I'm in the dilemma now SRT 392 SCATPACK SHAKER or 392 T/A. Whats the real difference between the two? Now its cheaper I'm sure since it was July-August time frame.

They shouldn't even be charging that much for an 2016 needs to be in the 30s. These 2018s are even 36-38K for an 392 SCATPACK.

·
Super Moderator
15,595 Posts
I'm in the dilemma now SRT 392 SCATPACK SHAKER or 392 T/A. Whats the real difference between the two? Now its cheaper I'm sure since it was July-August time frame.

They shouldn't even be charging that much for an 2016 needs to be in the 30s. These 2018s are even 36-38K for an 392 SCATPACK.
The major items that are exclusive (and not available on SRT 392 over SP Shaker)

>3 mode shocks
>Track mode (SP has Street & Sport only) settings in Performance Pages
>Laguna leather

The items that are standard on SRT but optional at extra cost on SP Shaker:
>Harmon Kardon [Perf Audio]
>Driver Convenience Group
>6 piston brakes w/ 9.5" wheel, 275/40 tires
>Navigation

·
Registered
694 Posts
The major items that are exclusive (and not available on SRT 392 over SP Shaker)

>3 mode shocks
>Laguna leather

>Navigation
to me the real difference was the shaker. if you want a shaker, which to me takes me back to when i was young & have the only brand that i know has one it's a sp. was at a mopar show 6 weeks ago & a yj t/a came. loved her but mine more because of the shaker. big + to me of the t/a was the suspension. sp is for sure a rougher ride. but to me reminds me of my old muscle cars.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
77 Posts

>3 mode shocks
>Laguna leather

>Navigation

I wish they would have an option where you can select Beats by Dre in their SRT Models.

·
Super Moderator
15,595 Posts
I wish they would have an option where you can select Beats by Dre in their SRT Models.
Essentially that seems to be the Sound Group II option [10 speaker, plus sub, 509W]

this was the option that Chargers and 300s have. It may have EQ that was tailored for that system they marketed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts