Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I have been looking at a used 2020 scat pack 50th anniversary edition. It has 700 miles on it. It has lots of bells and whistles, including the shaker hood scoop and active dampers. I have the monroney and the car stickered for around $52K. The dealer is trying to sell it it for $49K. Now to me, the only way this is a fair price is if the 50th anniv. will be that much more collectable, or if there were no incentives on it new, or both. If Dodge ran it's $4850 rebate like on other scat packs, then this dealership is asking more than what the original buyer paid. So my question is, what's the correct thinking here? I understand with only 700 miles, it's virtually new, but I also understand it's been titled and it's not new. In fact, the first owner put on aftermarket exhaust that is still on the car. What do you think? What's a fair price or fair offer from me? It's been on the lot about 3 weeks. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Age old adage: Buy low, sell high.

As for giving you a fair price, that's impossible. Many things factor in, like state, zip code, availability, etc. Do a google search and I believe a thread on these forums saying there's a shortage of specific vehicles and the Challenger is one of those vehicles.

There was also someone that posted they had a 2019 with 4K miles and trade in price was something like 46K.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,905 Posts
Don't count on the "Collectable Factor" with a modern day Challenger.

The only exception is probably the Demon.

The 50th Anniversary Edition is more just a trim option, and the short hoopla associated with it being a 50th.

I would buy the car like any other used SP Challenger as far as pricing goes.

What it sold for to the original owner means nothing in your situation. It makes no difference. It's now for sale.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The car is USED
maybe $44,000 but if I was spending that kind of money I want something NEW
a aftermarket exhaust and maybe new tires on the car?
Maybe the 1st owner had fun with the car with many burnouts..............JT

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
A brand-new car loses 10% of its value the moment it’s driven off the lot.”

Keep repeating that to the salesman until he sells it to you for $47K, or you are asked to leave.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What could the reasons be that the owner got rid of that car with 700 miles on it that would scare me.
That's my question too. The only odd thing about it was that the steering wheel was not centered. But I'm not sure why it was traded back in.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Trading in a new car with 700 miles on it. You know the owner took a bath in this deal. Maybe he didn't have the wife's approval first? :LOL:

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Hi,

Are they selling it as new or used?

As used there is less warranty like body rot, as the basic covers the "original purchaser" not sure on other warranties, but something to consider.

If the car is what you want go for it but thinking you should offer way less, if it's not exactly what you want might be better ordering it.

Best regards,
Jim

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Triple Nickel
45 Posts
That's my question too. The only odd thing about it was that the steering wheel was not centered. But I'm not sure why it was traded back in.
Steering wheel not centered??? Something is probably wrong....walk away. Oh, and as others have said its too high.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

Are they selling it as new or used?

As used there is less warranty like body rot, as the basic covers the "original purchaser" not sure on other warranties, but something to consider.

If the car is what you want go for it but thinking you should offer way less, if it's not exactly what you want might be better ordering it.

Best regards,
Jim
It's used. It's been titled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steering wheel not centered??? Something is probably wrong....walk away. Oh, and as others have said its too high.
I know the first guy did the exhaust. I'm wondering if he lowered the suspension or something and didn't make some needed adjustments. But I really only have jeep suspension as a reference, so i'm not sure on the challenger what would cause it to be off.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
You obviously are uneasy about this car. Go with your gut instinct and take a pass. Otherwise, every day you get in the car you're going to wonder if that's the day you get the answers to the questions you've already asked.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
539 Posts
First off, that price is way too high. Factor in taxes, dealer fees and you’ll probably end up at way over 50k on a used car. Dealers are marking up a lot of these Used cars lately and it’s because of the corona shortage that caused the factory to shut down for a while and not have a lot of new ones on the lots. You can get a brand new 50th edition right now for a lot cheaper with rebates and dealer discounts. That’s a fact.

Take for example this used 2019 Scat Pack Shaker. 6,721 miles on it. Has literally almost every single option/package available on the scat pack. MSRP was $57,729. Original owner for sure paid a lot less on that I’m sure of it. Dealer is asking about 51k for it.
Used 2019 Dodge Challenger For Sale at Town & Country Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram | VIN: 2C3CDZFJ5KH625308

And even worse is other dealers asking 49k for a used 2017 scat pack with 33k miles on it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the help. the car sold, and i'm not that upset about it. I really liked it, but objectively it was too much money.

Reactions: champ198
1 - 18 of 18 Posts