Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to put a supercharger on my 2013 R/T in the late spring. I'd appreciate any accounts of good or bad experiences, customer service or installation stories, good/bad prices, etc. It's probably the biggest single purchase I'll make for my car, so this is real important to get it right.

Any help, ideas, opinions, would really be appreciated. I really value the opinions of forum owners who have Challengers with superchargers. Couldn't ask for more.

Many thanks in advance!!

Eric

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
The S/C in itself is a great mod and as long as you keep it between 6-8lbs you will be fine. My advice would be pick a vendor who stands behind there products and can also offer technical help if you are installing yourself, Plenty of vendors here can provide this for you including us or find a shop in your area that has HEMI experience.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Modern Muscle's advice is sound.

If you are the wrench turning type, I can speak from experience that installing a Magnacharger is not that difficult if you are moderately skilled. Email tuning from any number of reputable CMR tuners is also pretty easy to install.

I've had no problems with the supercharger or installation in over three years.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The S/C in itself is a great mod and as long as you keep it between 6-8lbs you will be fine. My advice would be pick a vendor who stands behind there products and can also offer technical help if you are installing yourself, Plenty of vendors here can provide this for you including us or find a shop in your area that has HEMI experience.
What is it that keeps us from going higher than 8lbs? Does the boost psi itself actually cause damage to engine components? Or is it the horsepower created by running the higher boost? I am simply curious and naive in the way of all things boost.

By us I mean non-forged 5.7 types.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
What is it that keeps us from going higher than 8lbs? Does the boost psi itself actually cause damage to engine components? Or is it the horsepower created by running the higher boost? I am simply curious and naive in the way of all things boost.

By us I mean non-forged 5.7 types.

Increasing boost means increasing cylinder pressure and temps not to mention Pre-detination is what kills the pistons

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
In the UK me can get 97 Oct at the pump so does this mean we can run higher boost & if so how much ? Thanks Pat
Still wouldnt advise it most states here have access to 93 6-8lbs on a stock bottom end.

Good new is we are working on a Drop in forged kit for the 09+ 5.7L so you guys can push the limits higher

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I've got a 10lb pulley sitting in the garage and it's screaming my name lol. Must resist temptation.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've got a 10lb pulley sitting in the garage and it's screaming my name lol. Must resist temptation.

Been 10lbs and over for many many passes down the track and so far so good. Am I going to forge? absolutely, but I think tuning has come a long way and I trust my guy and looking at the logs...all seems well. I mean its not like you are at 10lbs for minutes.

I have even made a few dyno pulls at over 12...not on purpose but it happened...LOL

I will keep running 10-11 on mine and once I forge it...more like 15-16

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Been 10lbs and over for many many passes down the track and so far so good. Am I going to forge? absolutely, but I think tuning has come a long way and I trust my guy and looking at the logs...all seems well. I mean its not like you are at 10lbs for minutes.

I have even made a few dyno pulls at over 12...not on purpose but it happened...LOL

I will keep running 10-11 on mine and once I forge it...more like 15-16
I'm looking to get a forged 391(5.7 block) from PWR in the future so I am thinking about running the 10lbs anyway. My tuner thinks I can run 10lbs and is eager to do it. So when I get back from training I will drop it off to him for the 10lb pulley and fine tuning sometime around the middle of Dec.

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Still wouldnt advise it most states here have access to 93 6-8lbs on a stock bottom end.
Good new is we are working on a Drop in forged kit for the 09+ 5.7L so you guys can push the limits higher
This has got my attention. I'd like to do an upgrade to 8psi and feel a bit safer. Any ideas on how long before your ready to unload them?

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
8lbs for 30,000 plus miles running high to mid 11s for many many passes.
Stock motor. Then again, I use good fuel at any cost.
Blower was my best mod over any other.
FlatTop

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
I only fill up using 93 Premium. I was concerned about going with the 8psi kit but now I want it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts