Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ford really has IMHO done a good job with tribute cars and bringing back old names.

The Bullitt Mustang, 03-04 Mach 1, the GT500, the soon to hit the streets Boss and so on.

Mopar has blazed new paths with the Mopar 10 and the 392 Edition but what about a tribute thing like the Bullitt Mustang?

People have asked "why not a Vanishing Point" car? I don't know if it would fly or not but it could be cool.

I think though if Ford can get Shelby back in the mix maybe it is time for a Challenger more along those lines...

I was thinking of something more deserving IMHO but it probably would be too much and over the top. It would not be a movie tribute, but a group tribute.

I know "Ram" is all truck now, and that to me is a shame because I think a "Ramchargers" Edition would be cool and a great tribute to the guys that made Mopar what they became when it comes to muscle cars and performance.

An SRT8 with the new 392 on a white car with the candy red roof stripes and the candy red side stripe. The Ramchargers logo needs to be on the car someplace but not on the whole side. On the spoiler maybe?

The wheels could be made to have the look of the drag cars wheels and painted in a way that gives them more of a magnesium look. ET classics have that look now if you know what I am talking about.

I think a hood scoop more along the lines of something that was on the super stocks of 62-65 would be interesting and a throw back and tribute to how it all began with the Ramchargers. Hood pins like on the Mopar 10 might be cool too.

I know a diecast of the prototype drag pack was done up as a Ramcharger car...I just remembered that typing this.

Too much?

I think it could be kinda neat...plus several of the Ramchargers are still alive and would be around to receive the honor.

Edit: By the way, that should have been "why not" in the title...how I missed that I don't know.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Although the ramcharger doesn't look interesting to me I say why not as well if they can make a black ops edition Jeep. There's also the Yellow and Black one from The Bucket List and some of the pics I've seen from the 70s era drag racing look cool like Dick Landy's car.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
I like your idea of a limited-edition Vanishing Point Challenger but the mods that you propose will make it look nothing like the "plain Jane" original. Ford has been succesful with its tribute cars because they closely resemble the originals.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
black ops jeep LOL. Lame.
Can't wait to see some mid 30's, pot bellied, goatee wearing, frapa drinking cyber "warrior" pull up in that.
Guess even lame crap sells though.

As far as dodge tribute cars...why not.
not sure what a vanishing point tribute car or Kowalski edition would be though.
you can already get a plain white R/T and put a wood grain pistol grip shifter in it if you want.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I know this is isn't exactly tribute car (though it could if they call it T/A), but dodge was thinking about building an ACR challenger (or T/A since that is what it looks like). a good road handling car. Not sure if they are still planning on building it, but I would like to see them

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
black ops jeep LOL. Lame.
Can't wait to see some mid 30's, pot bellied, goatee wearing, frapa drinking cyber "warrior" pull up in that.
Guess even lame crap sells though.
Thanks Man, you just made me laugh this morning! We have been just waiting for the first 'tacti-cool" clown to show up on the trails. So sorry, no reset button in real life and back to your Mom's basement for you! Irony is the game isn't even a JK Jeep, it's the J8 which isn't even available in the US. I guess the "Black Op's" should otherwise be known as the Ultimate Pavement Princess rig.

More power to Jeep though, If they can get a bunch of cash more for a few stickers and black powder coated 17" Rubi Rims good for them.

Also, as an FYI Ford had to pay Chad McQueen and Solar productions (Steve's studio) a boat load of money to use the name and Steve McQueen's likeness for both Bullitt runs (SN-95 and S-197 cars).

I am sure they would have to do the same for Cupid Productions (Vanishing Point)?????

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Another possibility is NASCAR editions. Chevy has had Dale, Dale Jr, Gordon edition Monte Carlos. They could have Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne, and Robby Gordon themed cars. I always thought the Dale Earnhardt paint scheme looked awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Another possibility is NASCAR editions. Chevy has had Dale, Dale Jr, Gordon edition Monte Carlos. They could have Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne, and Robby Gordon themed cars. I always thought the Dale Earnhardt paint scheme looked awesome.
:notallthere:Maybe back in the day when stock cars were actually that but not today. If anything they should do a Keselowski Challenger since the Challenger is the Nationwide car and he won the champiolnship.

$.02

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
the vanishing point challenger was a simple white R/T. guess what, you can buy one.

Actually it was a "suped up somethin." :browsmiley:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Thanks Man, you just made me laugh this morning! We have been just waiting for the first 'tacti-cool" clown to show up on the trails. So sorry, no reset button in real life and back to your Mom's basement for you! Irony is the game isn't even a JK Jeep, it's the J8 which isn't even available in the US. I guess the "Black Op's" should otherwise be known as the Ultimate Pavement Princess rig.

More power to Jeep though, If they can get a bunch of cash more for a few stickers and black powder coated 17" Rubi Rims good for them.

Also, as an FYI Ford had to pay Chad McQueen and Solar productions (Steve's studio) a boat load of money to use the name and Steve McQueen's likeness for both Bullitt runs (SN-95 and S-197 cars).

I am sure they would have to do the same for Cupid Productions (Vanishing Point)?????
no doubt and the "there's a soldier in everyone" commercial...it's funny but what a crock
Real soldiers should be PO'd at any no shower in two days BO ripe college doofus who's a general in COD thinking he has anything in common with a real service member

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
A few years ago one of our local dealers tried to do a generic race themed Charger...
No idea who the heck would have drove it, let alone actually bought it. :dunno:
I saw it one night... and never again.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
A few years ago one of our local dealers tried to do a generic race themed Charger...
No idea who the heck would have drove it, let alone actually bought it. :dunno:
I saw it one night... and never again.
Gah that is kinda nasty. I was referring more to themed paint not race car mock ups such as the Dale Monte Carlo. :)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i dont think 95% of the people know about Vanishing Point....maybe 99%

Ive atleast heard of Bullet and know it was a TV show

·
Registered
51 Posts
i dont think 95% of the people know about Vanishing Point....maybe 99%

Ive atleast heard of Bullet and know it was a TV show
Hi,

Without coming off like an ass, can I ask when you were born? Or, maybe you can let me know if you had large GI Joe's or Small Ones, or know how to operate a rotary dial telephone? If you are younger I can understand that statement above if you are younger but, not if your over 40.

Bullitt was a movie with Steve McQueen as Detective Frank Bullitt. It's the great chase scene with the 68 390 Fastback and 68 Charger R/T through the streets of San Fransisco.

Vanishing Point was huge in the 70's for any gearhead. Heck, even that Viggo Mortensen turd remake had some cult status. We got an epic Car Chase movie and the nude chick on the Honda!!

Even Qunetin Tarrintino pays homage to Vanishing Point in Death Proof

·
Registered
51 Posts
no doubt and the "there's a soldier in everyone" commercial...it's funny but what a crock
Real soldiers should be PO'd at any no shower in two days BO ripe college doofus who's a general in COD thinking he has anything in common with a real service member
I don't know if you have any idea, on how retarded these "cyber warriors" are. I served and was home stationed in the Middle East in the 80's during the Tanker Wars, being involved in my fair share of incidents during that time. My son is on active duty now. That being said, my 24 yr old Daughter has had her fair share of zero Man-Skill, over "educated", mommy and daddy money sponging, retard boyfriends.

So, Skippy the Retard Boy is over our home one day. Trying to be the good dad, I take Skippy to my study/man-cave. Here I have various mementos of the units and operations I was on, basic shadow box with ribbons-medals and my firearms collection. That's when the idiocy for the bulk of Gen Zero hit me. He went into this diatribe about COD (It was Modern Warfare at the time), how him and his friends do all these missions, the weapons they use, so on and so on.... You would swear I was talking to someone who was at the siege of Khe Sahn, in the way it was relayed.

I about lost it,

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Hi,

Without coming off like an ass, can I ask when you were born? Or, maybe you can let me know if you had large GI Joe's or Small Ones, or know how to operate a rotary dial telephone? If you are younger I can understand that statement above if you are younger but, not if your over 40.

Bullitt was a movie with Steve McQueen as Detective Frank Bullitt. It's the great chase scene with the 68 390 Fastback and 68 Charger R/T through the streets of San Fransisco.

Vanishing Point was huge in the 70's for any gearhead. Heck, even that Viggo Mortensen turd remake had some cult status. We got an epic Car Chase movie and the nude chick on the Honda!!

Even Qunetin Tarrintino pays homage to Vanishing Point in Death Proof

im 40, so anyone under 40 has no idea what your talking about...and i think the average age is like 45 for challenger owners...are you a grandpa?
were you in WWII? is that how old i need to be to remember this show? the only car i remember from a kid is Starsky and Hutch and Dukes of Hazzard

·
Registered
51 Posts
im 40, so anyone under 40 has no idea what your talking about...and i think the average age is like 45 for challenger owners...are you a grandpa?
were you in WWII? is that how old i need to be to remember this show? the only car i remember from a kid is Starsky and Hutch and Dukes of Hazzard
Like I said man, not trying to come off like an ass so please don't take it as such. My apologies if you feel in any way my original post tried to slight or sound condescending as it was not meant to be.

I too am mid 40's myself, all my friends and I were enthralled with VP, Bullitt, Cannon Ball, Gumball, Smokey and the Bandit and so on growing up and it's still talked about today. I understand people in their twenties not knowing but, hey whatever.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I'll be 41 next Feb and I had never heard of VP until I saw mention of it in a car magazine when they were testing the new Challenger SRT8.

I've heard mention of current TV shows that feature Challengers and Chargers. But these aren't "my type" of shows. I love LXs, but I won't watch a show I don't like just to see the cars...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts