Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Is it a good stand-in for the classic?

• Yes, looks pretty good!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No, it looks like crap.

Votes: 10 66.7%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Challenger SE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find some wheel options for the Challenger that provide a classic look. If a guy is looking for classic but not looking for a 5 spoke Crager style wheel he isn't going to find much of anything. Anyway I got to thinking that maybe the steel 10 hole 17" wheels that came on Chargers and 300s might make a decent stand in for the classic Chrysler Rallye Wheel as it was a 10 hole design also. After looking all over I found a post on a forum where a guy had done this with his 72 Duster so I thought I'd post some pics to see what others thought. The holes are a different shape of course and the look isn't quite right but overall it's not too bad and I wouldn't mind seeing these on a modern Challenger to see what it looks like. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
2,181 Posts
Don’t think it’d pass in my eyes. Doesn’t look horribly bad, but it basically looks like some full size spare wheels painted argent.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Challenger SE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back in the day I always like the Magnum wheel style.

View attachment 1015946
I really like those too! I like the modern ones Dodge made for the Rallye Package but they're hard to find and there could be more pocket around the spokes too if I'm being honest. Probably the best looking ones in this style for our cars are these Circle Racing Wheels but the wallet would really feel the pain and I'm not sure you can get them in 5 x 115mm rather than 5 x 4.5".

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Classic Rallye Rims, but unfortunately they won't the current Challengers.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Chip made those in overhauling BTW..........................

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,304 Posts
Chip made those in overhauling BTW..........................
The Foose ones look like total crap. Foose wheels are also over a Grand Each......

Year One makes a 17" x 8 but they will not make lug holes fit these cars....

Also America Classic Industries is getting Mopar Rallyes in 17" x 9 but again they dont they we want these for our current Challenger...

Yes there is a Decent Looking Magnum Wheels but they Fit Mustang Not Challengers ......... 18x 9 wtf is going on

THis is new Challenger with Foose and a Vintage with Year Ones....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,433 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Challenger SE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Foose ones look like total crap. Foose wheels are also over a Grand Each......

Year One makes a 17" x 8 but they will not make lug holes fit these cars....

Also America Classic Industries is getting Mopar Rallyes in 17" x 9 but again they dont they we want these for our current Challenger...

Yes there is a Decent Looking Magnum Wheels but they Fit Mustang Not Challengers ......... 18x 9 wtf is going on

THis is new Challenger with Foose and a Vintage with Year Ones....
I agree on the Foose wheels. To me it seems crazy that no one makes rallyes or magnums specifically for the new Challengers that are faithful to the originals. You'd think it would be a no-brainer home run for someone to make. On the flip side if you want modern wheels with a bunch of spokes you have tons of options in chrome, black, aluminum etc. I'm just not a fan of that look, to me those wheels make our cars look like Hot Wheels. A lot of people must like them though they make tons of them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
You may have answered your own question, they make tons of them because people like them. Perhaps the market for the old school wheels is limited to a few people on Challenger forums

A Guy

Reactions: Torred GT

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree on the Foose wheels. To me it seems crazy that no one makes rallyes or magnums specifically for the new Challengers that are faithful to the originals. You'd think it would be a no-brainer home run for someone to make. On the flip side if you want modern wheels with a bunch of spokes you have tons of options in chrome, black, aluminum etc. I'm just not a fan of that look, to me those wheels make our cars look like Hot Wheels. A lot of people must like them though they make tons of them.
First off I agree with you, but I thought when I saw my 19 GT that the wheels did kind of do a "10 spoke tribute" to the original Magnums. You really need the right light and everything else, but ...

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,304 Posts
There is GT Magnums in 18" and 20"s that Fit Mustangs perfectly with Front and Real Calipers so I just think basically its a matter of making the Offset and Back Space to spec's of the Modern Wheels then they can use that space to mimic the curvature and nail the look
  • 18×7
  • 18×8
  • 18×9.5
  • 18x11
  • 20x8
  • 20x9.5
these would be my 2nd Choice for Retro Wheels but nothing tops the Genuine Rallye Cuda Wheels...
Wheel Photograph Automotive tire Product Font
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 36 Posts