Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I noticed when in park, or in Drive with the brakes applied. I cannot rev past 2k, is this a problem or is it just modern safety established by dodge. and if so, Can a trinity or a diablo tune remove this?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I know that I've heard that you can't rev the engine very high in Park or Nutural. Don't know about in drive with the brake on or if the predator can disable this feature. Can I ask what the purpose of reving over 2 K when not moveing would be?

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
you engine has a rev limiter, only way you can change that is with a predator.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanna start smoking them, but when in drive, it wont go past 2k..It just seems laggy, but I think it's just safety

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
This is not really worth the trouble if all you want to do is wear out tires and cause un stress to parts of your car.

If you insist though, you'll need a higher stall torque converter to go any higher than 2k RPMs.

What is happening is your putting all that load on the engine, and the torque converter is locking up at 2k rpms as it should, but because you're not going anywhere the car refuses to go higher or put out any more power. A Higher stall converter will let it go higher and thus letting it produce enough power to break the wheels free. Another option would be to also get a line lock on the front breaks, so that you're not burning out your back pair trying to do this, likely causing terrible wear and warping to your rotors.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well if this is for the purpose of a brakestand type burnout it shouldn't be a prob. The two times I tried a brakestand it was easy enough to get the passenger side rear wheel spinning without the rev limiter being an issue. I didnt go for super smokey but it was very easy to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts