Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts
Tengo un dodge challenge y le prende este código P3497 lo raro esq se prende y después se apaga

I have a dodge challenge and it turns on this P3497 code, the weird thing is that it turns on and then goes off
Welcome to Challengertalk Jose. The forum language is English, you'd be better to use Google translate when asking for help, good luck

A Guy

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Tha MDS solenoid a ’dol a-mach.
(in Gaelic) 🙈🙉🙊

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bienvenido a Challengertalk Jose. El idioma del foro es el inglés, sería mejor usar el traductor de Google al pedir ayuda, buena suerte

Un chico
I have a problem with my car is a dodge challenger 2014 the code p3497 is turned on

·
Registered
43 Posts
This code has to do with the cylinder deactivation system or MDS system.

Hard to say. It is probably electronic & you will have to troubleshoot the system as to why it set a code. Hopefully, you know of a good independent repair facility with the proper diagnostic tools & capabilities that can diagnose & then give you a repair estimate on what it will cost to restore your MDS system.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,612 Posts
Hello, your code is a MDS error as another poster mentioned. May be too complex for an individual to troubleshoot. I certainly don't have the answer, sorry. Hopefully someone else will be able to help

2014 Dodge Challenger> Repair> Search p3497> Section Titles P3497-Cylinder Deactivation System - Bank 2

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts