Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Procharged 392 Hemi problems??

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  FreddyG 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I’ve got a 2013 SRT8 6speed with 35k mi. Procharger has been in it for at least 10k mi. It runs out great.
I see lots of people worried about ruining pistons on 6psi boost. My question...has anybody here actually hurt a 392 on 6psi boost in street driving?? If so, are there things you can do to help the motor live other than tearing it down and changing pistons? Thank you! ~ Mark

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I know one guy who installed a SNOW water/meth injection kit to help keep things cooler in there. He’s had “0” issues after a couple of years now. Spot on tune and eliminating detonation is key though. You could also just gap the rings a fuzz more but will obviously require some tear-down. Might as well do drop-in pistons at that point.

I’m getting ready to install a F-1x ProCharger on my 426. Guess I'll have to get used to that ProCharger whistle :)

#3 ·
I know one guy who installed a SNOW water/meth injection kit to help keep things cooler in there. He’s had “0” issues a couple of years later. Spot on tune and eliminating detonation is key though. You could also just gap the rings a fuzz more but will obviously require some tear-down. Might as well do drop-in pistons at that point.

I’m getting ready to install a F-1x ProCharger on my 426. Guess I'll have to get used to that ProCharger whistle :)
Interesting so prefer a centrifugal vs. a root? Can you give me your opinion as to why that route. FYI, I'm also looking at the ProCharger next year after some engine work (forged piston, etc.). Want to keep it as a daily driver.

thanks

#5 ·
I've been looking at clips for over a year now and honestly based on info for other folks and especially easier on the drive train that's what I was leaning towards. I also like the linear power more and won't change my everyday driving unless I WOT. Lastly I like that you just basically bolt it on the side and if I sell the car it's easier to take off. Thanks for the info. Please post some pics once you have your's done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.