Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of you guys were asking what kind of power can you expect with your VVT 5.7L HEMI with a ProCharger. This is a completely stock Challenger R/T 6-Speed with only a Cat-Back and a 180 degree thermostat. We just finished tuning it up with an ultra safe (i.e. rich and low timing) tune on 93 octane:

This kit was setup with our standard ProCharger upgrades that we build the kits with, which include larger injectors, an aftermarket 20V boost-a-pump, NGK spark plugs and our own custom tuning. We set this kit up at 8psi because we decided it would be better to run a more conservative tune on slightly higher boost for this particular customer. I think we left about 30 horsepower on the table had we wanted to really start pressing.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
nice ...... very nice

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post so be kind. The car Josh is talking about is mine...2009 Challenger RT six speed. After having owned the car for two years, I decided it was time to add more power. After doing my research, which included reading many of the posts here in the forum and talking with the vendors, I choose the supercharger route and selected Joshua at HHP as my installer/tuner. Josh and his team did a great job. The installation looks great, the car makes good power and Josh spent several hours with me making adjustments to the tune to ensure the car drove to my liking. Now I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can enjoy the new power!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice build... and first post!!

Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Nice work Josh !!! It shows the Rt guys they can make over 500 rwhp.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
You chose wise. IMHO At 500whp your at the limit. Not in making power, its the mexican pistons from what builders have told me anyway for durability.
Great first post, how about the feel of that boost ? huh nice. And addicting it is.
What BAP you using ? and depending, Do you have a adjustable Hobb switch your controling bap ?
HHP will take care of you well. Good Luck
FT

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
thats 60 over me with about 1.5 lbs more of boost..great job HHP..... kudos HHP tuning Ninja

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Awesome #s! Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Good call on the SC and using HHP. Welcome to the forum and bring that beast to CF2!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very nice! It looks like the Procharger kits make very similar power on 6 speed cars. I really like mine.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Good stuff your going to enjoy the heck out of all that power.
Can't go wrong with HHP first class place and they don't serve you kool aid while you wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks all.

Flat Top - I chose the Kenne Bell BAP. Don't know what a Hobbs switch is, but the KB BAP has a rotary switch to set boost.

ISEEU - baseline power was around 360 HP and 400 torque (peak) with the Diablosport tune.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great choice!! Josh, whats the story with CAMS for the 5.7??

I have a million ideas of what I want to do with the car when I return from over seas, but, I too had all my work done by Josh and his great crew. Sorry it took so long, but I finally uploaded some dyno runs from my last vist, almost a year ago
basic bolt ons and of course some tuning, my pic's & vid link have more info

and sorry if I am posting in the wrong place

·
Vendor
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice vid! I was wondering where you were, hadn't heard from you in a long time. lol. We're still waiting on a cam core to hit the market so that we can actually start grinding some cams big enough to net some real power. Stock "regrinds" limit you to small cams. Comp is working on getting the cores done in the real near future and then we can start cranking up the NA power of the VVT's. We've been sitting around twiddling our thumbs on these motors when it comes to NA for way too long. When are you due back stateside?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice vid! I was wondering where you were, hadn't heard from you in a long time. lol. We're still waiting on a cam core to hit the market so that we can actually start grinding some cams big enough to net some real power. Stock "regrinds" limit you to small cams. Comp is working on getting the cores done in the real near future and then we can start cranking up the NA power of the VVT's. We've been sitting around twiddling our thumbs on these motors when it comes to NA for way too long. When are you due back stateside?
Hey Josh,
I'll be back Jan, next year... and being that I missed this years round of mod's I'll be ready for something big upon my return! I'm thinking of T-tops, but not sure if it can happen for a reasonable cost!? If not, how's it looking for a stage 3 job (w/ big cam hopefully)...I obviously don't need the car Jan thru April/May anyway?!?!?!?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts