Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 SRT8 and I am planning on purchasing a ProCharger in the next couple of months. I'm probably gonna go with the Stage 2 intercooled with a D-1SC head unit. I want to make sure I have everything that I need before I ever install the ProCharger. Everybody with any advice feel free to chime in- I'd appreciate all the help I can get. Also, let me know the best places to buy from.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the kit should come with everything you'll need additionally. you already have the catch can and tuner so that's a plus.

·
Registered
528 Posts
the kit should come with everything you'll need additionally. you already have the catch can and tuner so that's a plus.
When I purchased my Stage II kit, ProCharger did not offer the full kit when upgrading to the D-1SC, so if you buy the tuner kit, you would need to purchase fuel injectors, a tune, and BAP (if you want to run one).

Regardless if you get the full or tuner kit, you'll also need a 5% overdrive ATI harmonic damper, Part# 918432. If you decide to purchase a damper other than the 5%, keep in mind that it will change the boost levels of the kit. A larger damper will increase your boost, so if you have a stock motor you might want to be somewhat conservative.

Excluding the damper, here are some additional items I purchased:

1. Spark Plugs (NGK 2315) - These are 1 step colder on the 6.1L
2. ProCharger Oil Drain Kit (3PCOL-002) - This makes changing the SC oil soooo much easier
3. Fuel Line disconnect kit - You can get these separately, but I can't remember the size needed for our fuel rails.
4. Plastic rivets to re-attach front fascia. The kit does include some, but it's best to have extras. I bought a Rivet kit that comes with the handheld tool at Harbor Freight
5. Wideband O2 sensor
6. Boost sensor (The Trinity measures boost, so I don't use this often)
7. EGT sensor
8. Diablo Sport Trinity (I purchased the Trinity so I can data log AFR and EGTs along with other PIDs)
(I highly recommend you install and get your gauges working before installing your SC)

Here are the tools, other than a set of hand held tools, you're going to need:

1. Torque wrench
2. 3-jaw gear puller (to remove harmonic damper)
3. Damper install tool
4. Drill (to pin crank)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
get the helical gears on the d1sc. $100 extra charge, really quiets it down some if that bothers you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info-keep it coming though, you can't ever know "too much" about a mod. I'm planning on getting all the good out of the stock 6.1 motor and then I'm gonna go with a 426 short block. Also, do you need a blower cam with the ProCharger? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Depends on what you're trying to do. A d1sc on a 426 will not see more than 10-12psi

·
Registered
528 Posts
Great info-keep it coming though, you can't ever know "too much" about a mod. I'm planning on getting all the good out of the stock 6.1 motor and then I'm gonna go with a 426 short block. Also, do you need a blower cam with the ProCharger? Suggestions?
You don't "need" a cam with the ProCharger.

I would wait until you build the 426, especially if you're going to leave everything else stock. For the amount of boost you'll be running on the stock motor, I don't think it's worth the time, effort and money for the amount of HP gain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts