Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

as I'm running the stock Vortech water-air intercooler and this thing is more than unefficient when it comes to road racing as the freaky hot air in the engine compartment heats this thing up like hell I'd love to change to an air-air intercooler to keep as much possible outside of the engine compartment.

Does anybody have a link or many detailed pictures of how ProCharger is routing the air-pipes through the valence to the front of the car?

A good friend of mine works at a cooler company so they'll make me whatever intercooler I want (big fat thing!)

Thx a lot!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Ill see what I can dig up, what exactly are you looking for pics of...mounting of the cooler itself?

Rememebr the Air to Air is much larger, so will likely block more flow to the radiator...may solve one problem, and start a diffferent one with water temps. What about a larger water/ice tank and larger heat exchanger?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Luke have you checked ProCharger's site? Here's a link: ATI ProCharger Available Intercoolers You can also call them, they will be more than happy to provide specs. ProCharger has outstanding customer support.

Beware, if you want to run a monster intercooler it will take some custom work. The stage II will fit just fine though.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Kris:
Since I have my big oil cooler installed engine and water temps aren't an issue anymore.
Had issues with the water temp on the racetrack in the past but the oil cooler seems to suck more than enough temperature out of the "complete engine system".
Have been driving with this setup on the Nordschleife 4 laps in a row with full throttle (that's nearly 90km/ 56miles) last year and 0 issues.

So even if the new Intercooler will reduce my water cooler efficiency I "hope" that it won't move the issue to another point.

I'm not looking for getting the ProCharger cooler but getting a custom cooler done which doesn't block the water cooler that much.

Now....what I'm looking for are pictures how it's solved. My issue is that I don't have an idea where and how to route the air into and from the intercooler. Did you have to cut holes into the valance to route the pipes through?
If you can make me some close pictures of that area where theses pipes are routed through I'll be more than happy.

THX!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think the way procharger does it is to lower tha radiator 2 inches, then use that plus the 1 inch gap that is already at the valence to run thier stuff through.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Michael D:
wow! thank you very much. best pictures I've seen so far.
as I understand. The clearance for the air ducts comes from lowering the cooler a bit.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Have been driving with this setup on the Nordschleife 4 laps in a row with full throttle (that's nearly 90km/ 56miles) last year and 0 issues.
Not to mention elevation changes on that track. I'd love to take a Challenger around the "Ring" in real life. The closest I can come, though, is Gran Turismo 5. Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any videos of you on the "Ring". You can pm them to me if you do.

Thanks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to mention elevation changes on that track. I'd love to take a Challenger around the "Ring" in real life. The closest I can come, though, is Gran Turismo 5. Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any videos of you on the "Ring". You can pm them to me if you do.

Thanks.
yeah. will have awesome ones in 3 weeks and do have this one from last year.
It was just the "warm" up lap after not beeing on the track for several years that's why I don't really push it hard.
And like always.....cam battery was empty so it didn't record the other laps.

But still.....good stuff to watch:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude! You really made me miss tracking my car... Can't wait till she's back home.

HemiSam
Dude .... sweet :bigthumb:
By the way....what new stuff are you gettin?

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
A bunch of safety goodies including 6pt bar, 5pt harness, SFI rated bell housing and a little bit of secret sauce :-O

HemiSam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts