Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking anyone who has used a Procharger with a 5.7 and set up their car on a Dyno to Reply. If you did not use a dyno. PLEASE do not reply, as it will not give me the info. I Need

I am AS CLOSE TO a PROCHARGER installation as you can get.

Did you use the base Procharger package of 5-6 PSI Boost or did You Opt. For the 8-9 PSI Boost.

I am looking for people that had their car set up on a Dyno and if you had any Problems.

I am leaning toward the 8-9 PSI Boost but do not want to do this if there have been a lot of Engine failures or Problems with the 5.7 and Higher BOOST.

I would really like to hear from BOTH the 6-7 PSI Boost people and the 8-9 PSI Boost people that had their car set up on a DYNO.

If you could list who set up your car on the DYNO that would be great.

Please be clear as to the BOOST used. Be HONEST.

I know what I am going to use for injectors,

It would be nice to know how far back you had this installation done, the mileage before and now would be very helpful.

HAVE you had an INTRNAL PROBLEMS???

MONEY IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE!

I do not want to have an engine with Catastrophic failure but would like to get as much out of the car as possible without overdoing Boost.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got my 10 r/t 6 speed out of the install shop this week. I went with the 7lb. of boost. we got 485 RWHP and 480 foot lbs of torque. My HP gain was 140 over my base number. I needed a boost a pump to eliminate a lean condition. We had 495 but way to lean.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I went with the Vortech (best one out there IMHO, and I've had 3) with the intercooler/aftercooler setup. Result was 500 HP rear wheel (550 at crank) and 506 torque. Dyno tuned for over a week for the track and street.
Very drivable and very vicious. I'm very very pleased.
Cheers :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great Idea! Might post your model year car also. Please! As I will follow this thread. I have 2012 and Would like to hear about anyone doing a 2012. I know there are not any (that I know of) power adders compatible on a 2012.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Procharger UPDATE

Please read: Procharger Update

I asked Prochargers if the Diablo would put system back to OE Chrysler Specs. for WARRANTY Issues if Procharger was removed. I told them that I have researched this and that as far as I can tell that there is still some info you cannot remove once Diablo is installed. Diablo does Not have this in their info:sneaky:.They say you can reprogram OE System back with hand held unit.

Prochargers said" Once you use the Diablo and make a change in the system the Dodge System will ALWAYS Show that a Power Adder was installed". THIS CANNOT BE REMOVED! It will show the time and Date.

I GIVE Prochargers a 100 Rating for Being So Honest and NOT Just trying to make a SALE:respect:.

I have a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY and did not want to loose that.

They said that they would not recommend using any system that would void a Lifetime Warranty UNLESS YOU did not care about loosing it.HOW HONEST can that be.:thumbsup:

I have decided not to make any changes that will affect Warranty.

Just wanted to let you know that if you are going to use a system like Procharger, call them they WILL help you and tell you the TRUTH about what you can and cannot do on amount of BOOST and any warranty issue. I do NOT know of too many companies that would have done this. Most are looking to make a sale and Buyer Beware.They know they have a great product and want their customers happy.

I should have checked ALL this info before my post knowing that I have A Lifetime Warranty.

I do Apologize for Posting a Question too soon before doing all of my homework.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 r/t 5.7 and I forged the motor have cam and port heads and intake headers t-body port and put a d1 procharger on it making 540 to rear wheels with the first few pulls on dyno with 7 psi my goaled is to get to 670 or 680 hp I ordered a 10 to 12 psi pulley I hope I will get there

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 r/t 5.7 and I forged the motor have cam and port heads and intake headers t-body port and put a d1 procharger on it making 540 to rear wheels with the first few pulls on dyno with 7 psi my goaled is to get to 670 or 680 hp I ordered a 10 to 12 psi pulley I hope I will get there
pretty old thread but have you had any problems so far?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You have stock 5 speed auto tranny? And axles? Drive shaft etc?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,074 Posts
You have stock 5 speed auto tranny? And axles? Drive shaft etc?
That was his first and only post, and he hasn't been back since. I doubt you will get a reply

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
That was his first and only post, and he hasn't been back since. I doubt you will get a reply

A Guy
Damn thanks brother.
14 Charger RT
P1SC
1000CC FIC
450 walbro
E85/ ported intake mani/ ported throttle body/ catless mids/ magma flow exhaust.
I wanted to see what my oem rear ended limits were

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,074 Posts
You have the NAG-1. I believe it's rated @ approximately 600 lb-ft of torque. The rest of the driveline would have similar minimum specs

A Guy

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,144 Posts
Damn thanks brother.
14 Charger RT
P1SC
1000CC FIC
450 walbro
E85/ ported intake mani/ ported throttle body/ catless mids/ magma flow exhaust.
I wanted to see what my oem rear ended limits were
Depends on driving style and tire selection as well. If you're spinning you won't break anything. If you're launching 4000rpm on stick slicks at the strip then you'll break something. But in general the stock trans can handle roughly the same as the stock bottom end, but there's always exceptions, like the driving style as I stated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Depends on driving style and tire selection as well. If you're spinning you won't break anything. If you're launching 4000rpm on stick slicks at the strip then you'll break something. But in general the stock trans can handle roughly the same as the stock bottom end, but there's always exceptions, like the driving style as I stated.
Aight guys cars out the shop.
5.7 Charger RT
P1SC
1000CC injectors/450 walbro/BAP
e85 tune. Conservative my tuner said.
I put down 515WHP/515TQ

I want to put it back on the Dyno. I found one of my pulleys scraping my air plenum with engine lift under throttle. I had seen it we made some adjustments and pushed another 10WHP. I made a few more adjustments now. I’ll keep yaw posted. Haven’t hard launched. Just roll racing for meow.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,390 Posts
Aight guys cars out the shop.
5.7 Charger RT
P1SC
1000CC injectors/450 walbro/BAP
e85 tune. Conservative my tuner said.
I put down 515WHP/515TQ

I want to put it back on the Dyno. I found one of my pulleys scraping my air plenum with engine lift under throttle. I had seen it we made some adjustments and pushed another 10WHP. I made a few more adjustments now. I’ll keep yaw posted. Haven’t hard launched. Just roll racing for meow.
Congratulations! That's a Healthy amount of power for a conservative tune and should be quite a bit of fun! (y)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wow, this was an old thread. The op was very insistent yet not willing to hear from others that may have been in the know. I'm glad we've come a long way since this post.

Reactions: Walter Andaluz
1 - 18 of 18 Posts