Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have the HO Procharger kit and dislike the look of the huge air filter over the valve covers, this may be a reasonable solution for you. I didn't do this for any performance gain just the simple fact that I think it looks better. I ordered the mesh filter from Procharger (PN#AF059I-001) the same filter that comes on the stage 2 kits. I also used (2) #64 hose clamps that Procharger provides along with a silicon coupler between the actual procharger head unit and the filter itself. I didn't get actual measurements but the coupler is about 2in wide and has an approx. 3.25in opening. The only modification I had to make to the filter itself was shave down the side that would be closest to the AC metal line and you will also have to unbolt the coolant overflow tank to be able to slide the filter into place you will NOT have to drain any coolant or loosen any coolant hoses just simply unbolt the 2 10mm bolts that hold the coolant tank in place. Use your hose clamps to secure each end of the coupler to the head unit and the filter itself and you're done. This was done on a 2010 5.7 Auto. End result is...

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a before pic for anyone who wants to see a direct comparison.

·
Registered
221 Posts
For those that have the HO Procharger kit and dislike the look of the huge air filter over the valve covers, this may be a reasonable solution for you. I didn't do this for any performance gain just the simple fact that I think it looks better. I ordered the mesh filter from Procharger (PN#AF059I-001) the same filter that comes on the stage 2 kits. I also used (2) #64 hose clamps that Procharger provides along with a silicon coupler between the actual procharger head unit and the filter itself. I didn't get actual measurements but the coupler is about 2in wide and has an approx. 3.25in opening. The only modification I had to make to the filter itself was shave down the side that would be closest to the AC metal line and you will also have to unbolt the coolant overflow tank to be able to slide the filter into place you will NOT have to drain any coolant or loosen any coolant hoses just simply unbolt the 2 10mm bolts that hold the coolant tank in place. Use your hose clamps to secure each end of the coupler to the head unit and the filter itself and you're done. This was done on a 2010 5.7 Auto. End result is...
I have been thinking about doing this myself, just haven't had the time to pull the trigger on ordering the parts. Looks to me like you have a different coolant tank, as mine is up towards the front of the engine by the rad. I'll have to take a look to see if my kit might have some other part obstructing the area where the mesh filter goes, maybe that's why ProC used that huge filter that sits up by the hood vent.

Thanks for the info.

KW

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been thinking about doing this myself, just haven't had the time to pull the trigger on ordering the parts. Looks to me like you have a different coolant tank, as mine is up towards the front of the engine by the rad. I'll have to take a look to see if my kit might have some other part obstructing the area where the mesh filter goes, maybe that's why ProC used that huge filter that sits up by the hood vent.

Thanks for the info.

KW

This was done on a 2010 5.7 I believe the kits for the 6.4 are alil different as far as placement for the coolant tanks. But if you can get it done please post what u got on this thread it would be nice to have the 6.4 to reference to as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts