Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few weeks, my IE 392 has been with ProCharger as they used my car to fabricate the P-1SC production system for the 392.

I had the opportunity to drive it to Challengerfest this last weekend and put 1100 "baby" miles on the drive system. Car is back at ProCharger for the finishing touches to the system and final tune.

Even though it is not complete, I wanted to share with my 392 friends that a power adder option will be available soon for those of us that think 470 HP is not enough. :)

When the project is complete I will post up final results for everyone.

I would like to thank Rob (Boatman) for indirectly leading me to Bruce at HHP who has contacts at ProCharger.

Also Mike (GSOChallenger) for pushing me to go for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Nice! How many lbs of boost are you running, do you have exhaust system modifications, and what tuner software was used by ProCharger? TIA.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Congrats. Can't wait to see some timeslips.

·
Banned
675 Posts
seen it in person, shees purdy

click meet at kcir? It's 30 min from me, 3hrs from you. We leave at the same time you'll still beat me there

·
Registered
630 Posts
Pretty awesome.

Is your car in Lenexa, KS?

·
Registered
211 Posts
For the last few weeks, my IE 392 has been with ProCharger as they used my car to fabricate the P-1SC production system for the 392.

I had the opportunity to drive it to Challengerfest this last weekend and put 1100 "baby" miles on the drive system. Car is back at ProCharger for the finishing touches to the system and final tune.

Even though it is not complete, I wanted to share with my 392 friends that a power adder option will be available soon for those of us that think 470 HP is not enough. :)

When the project is complete I will post up final results for everyone.

I would like to thank Rob (Boatman) for indirectly leading me to Bruce at HHP who has contacts at ProCharger.

Also Mike (GSOChallenger) for pushing me to go for it.
Pretty cool ! Can't wait to see the performance specs and price.

Now if we can just get you to put the stripes back on your 392IE
:thumbsup:

·
Banned
675 Posts
Pretty cool ! Can't wait to see the performance specs and price.

Now if we can just get you to put the stripes back on your 392IE
:thumbsup:
If you look in the top left of the 2nd pic, he takes his stripes everywhere he goes

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you look in the top left of the 2nd pic, he takes his stripes everywhere he goes

Oh no ! Is that what's in that plastic bag ! :scratchhead:

:)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Ive been asking the same question about tuning for weeks with no response. The guys a Magnacharger are able to tune and now Procharger???!!! HOW!!!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Ive been asking the same question about tuning for weeks with no response. The guys a Magnacharger are able to tune and now Procharger???!!! HOW!!!
Exactly. First Maggie now ProCharger. And supposedly DCX Diablo CMR is not ready for the 392 architecture.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I hope Diablo gets it done soon. But will there be a problem with the current Predator being able to work with the new software for the 2011 PCM. I hope is does work and we dont have to buy a new programmer or get the Trinity. I have a Predator just waiting to have the new 2011 software to be put on it...............(I hope)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
For the last few weeks, my IE 392 has been with ProCharger as they used my car to fabricate the P-1SC production system for the 392....
Wow... you are really easy to start disliking.

:)

Seriously though, can't wait to see the numbers. I'm having a hard time wanting to go a $10,000 blower/header route as opposed to just selling out and getting a 392.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
When I 1st saw you pull up at CF2, I saw the silver intercooler in the grill.. I was thinking "He surely couldn't have already put a blower on it..could he've?"..next thing I know, I see your hood open revealing the procharger!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
magnacharger and procharger are not tuning. They are waiting on Diablo. ANyone can bolt a supercharger on a car, but I gurantee there are not any dyno numbers on them yet unless they are using a piggyback controller.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is it me, or is putting a blower on a stock new generation Hemi asking for trouble? I've heard too many stories of blown engines (6.1L) even with tunes from good tuners... including the boxed "safe" tunes the blower companies include in the package.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
When I 1st saw you pull up at CF2, I saw the silver intercooler in the grill.. I was thinking "He surely couldn't have already put a blower on it..could he've?"..next thing I know, I see your hood open revealing the procharger!
Yeah, I think many of us saw the intercooler before even noticing the hair dryer under the hood.

Is it me, or is putting a blower on a stock new generation Hemi asking for trouble? I've heard too many stories of blown engines (6.1L) even with tunes from good tuners... including the boxed "safe" tunes the blower companies include in the package.
Hate to say this, but a lot of the blown stock motors come shortly on the heels of the owner proudly proclaiming that they have the magic tune that allows them to run big boost (over 8lbs or so). I don't recall seeing many blown pistons with the 5-6lbs and ultra conservative tunes the blowers ship with. Problem is that boost is addictive as crack, you will want more and you will eventually get yourself into trouble. At least that's my experience.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
It's you...LOL!

Looks great, Alan. Congrats! Look forward to seeing what they cook up for you once the tuning is in.

HemiSam

1 - 20 of 47 Posts