Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a tough decision between eldebrock e fore or procharger i did allot of research and went procharger

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have the E-Force and love it. Though I must say I don't think you made a poor choice. What was the golden nugget of wisdom that sent you over to the centrifugal side of the house?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first would be price, 2nd i guess the way it comes on for street racing. 3rd i still dont know why because i love the look of the eldebrock.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
you will be happy.

what version did you go with?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
first would be price, 2nd i guess the way it comes on for street racing. 3rd i still dont know why because i love the look of the edelbrock.
Very good reasons I concur. Initially I was shopping for a ProCharger, Vortech, or Turbo setup. I even had an STS system spec'd and quoted. Price ultimately won me over as I got the E-Force for about what I would've paid for a ProCharger.

A family member who works in the Mustang/Ford world heavily heavily recommended the Edelbrock to me. I inherently trust their opinions and experience as they know their stuff very well. Though I must say that with traction already being a problem the E-Force only enhanced the issue. In the Mustang world they may need the extra oompf to get them going off the line. Hence the overt recommendation of screw based FI. Our Challengers already bring in a lot of grunt at the low end. So while my Ebrock is as advertised and absolutely amazing having over 400 ft lb of tq at just over 2k RPM does not help the spinning issue. Though since I've recently installed a new set of GY F1 super car tires and the weather is warming up my grip issues have subsided somewhat.

I know it's all a bit wordy but I guess in the end I like to pick the centrifugal/turbo guys brains whenever I get the chance. Kind of a grass is greener scenario. One day I may go centrifugal on another car and miss the low end punch that I've gotten used to from my twin screw setup.

Post up some dyno charts and give us a ride report when you get her done. I'd like to experience the difference vicariously through you and other centri/turbo owners. It's less expensive that way lol!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Very good reasons I concur. Initially I was shopping for a ProCharger, Vortech, or Turbo setup. I even had an STS system spec'd and quoted. Price ultimately won me over as I got the E-Force for about what I would've paid for a ProCharger.

A family member who works in the Mustang/Ford world heavily heavily recommended the Edelbrock to me. I inherently trust their opinions and experience as they know their stuff very well. Though I must say that with traction already being a problem the E-Force only enhanced the issue. In the Mustang world they may need the extra oompf to get them going off the line. Hence the overt recommendation of screw based FI. Our Challengers already bring in a lot of grunt at the low end. So while my Ebrock is as advertised and absolutely amazing having over 400 ft lb of tq at just over 2k RPM does not help the spinning issue. Though since I've recently installed a new set of GY F1 super car tires and the weather is warming up my grip issues has subsided somewhat.

I know it's all a bit wordy but I guess in the end I like to pick the centrifugal/turbo guys brains whenever I get the chance. Kind of a grass is greener scenario. One day I may go centrifugal on another car and miss the low end punch that I've gotten used to from my twin screw setup. Post up some dyno charts and give us a ride report when you get here done. I'd like to experience the difference vicariously through you and other centri/turbo owners. It's less expensive that way lol!

Mine goes in next week for the E-Force as well. How much power did you gain and did you use edelbrocks tune or custom? I have a 392 and hope to gain 120 rwhp with their tune. And did you spring for the warranty from Edelbrock? Thanks!,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Mine goes in next week for the E-Force as well. How much power did you gain and did you use edelbrocks tune or custom? I have a 392 and hope to gain 120 rwhp with their tune. And did you spring for the warranty from Edelbrock? Thanks!,

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
That is a 129whp increase from where I was before. I was 387whp NA before. I had 392 cam, PWR heads, and JBA long tubes with catless mids.

I am running 3.75" pulley good for 8.25lbs on the dyno. Trinity synthesised read a little bit lower at 7.2-7.6 on the street.

I used Edelbrock's tune for a while because the Army sent me off to a school on short notice. Edelbrock's tune was driveable but way conservative. It had a bit of a surge or a on/off feeling when transitioning into and out of boost. Though I have a pretty far from stock motor. My shop stayed open late to finish the install and took me on the test drive so they could have the car back to me in time to head out of town. So no time for a custom tune then. I drove to Savannah. Stayed there for a few weeks. Then drove back to Albany, about 8 hours round trip, and had no issues with the car.

I had to go with a custom tune. There may be more in the custom tune but my tuner and I agree to keep it more on the tame side since it's my daily driver. Sure I want to wring it out and see what the 8lb will produce. Then I'd like to see what a 10lb pulley will do. Until I get 6k laying around for a replacement short block and install I don't think I'll be so brave.

I did not do the warranty. My shop is not authorized so no can do on the warranty. Living in the sticks has its downside. But there are some pretty darn good mechanics out in these parts though. So while nothing so flashy as some of the bigger players out there I'm secure in my shops competency.

Here is my dyno from the day I picked it up. Blue=392 cam, PWR heads, JBA longtubes, JBA catless mids, and new custom tune. Red is Trinity custom tune and stock motor. Green is E-Force 8lbs and Edelbrock tune.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You will very happy with the Procharger!! Have about 12k mile on mine and wouldn't change a thing. Tune is everything and would suggest getting with a tuner that is highly recommended. The A2A intercooler can't be beat in the heat (Texas summer experienced). I've been running the 3.2 pulley (6.1L motor) with a really great tune. No issues daily driving.

Gratz again!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i agree, but i have a complete stock car and will not do any mods to it. I will let you guy guys know if i regret it or not.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i agree, but i have a complete stock car and will not do any mods to it. I will let you guy guys know if i regret it or not.
I highly doubt you will. Looking back on it keeping it stock and slapping a supercharger on the car would've been the best route to take. Way way less money spent for sure.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm a newly Procharger owner on my what was already heavily modded 5.7 engine and I must say that my procharger has blown every mod that I did out of the water. I'm spinning the tires in 2nd gear from a rolling start of about 45-50 mph my traction control has saved me twice already when the boost comes on make sure u have it pointed straight. And btw my rear meats are 295/35/20 Michelin pilot super sports! Enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
675 Posts
I agree with your research. Weight, ease of installation, self lubrication, self cooling, coolest boosted air intake temperatures for superchargers, no additional heat on top of the engine, less "moving" weight to carry around when you are not using it ( fuel mileage-pay when you play), internal components that will outlast your engine. One reminder....
ProCharger warns...do not introduce "boost" until the engine is at FULL operating temperature. This stands for any operational use (FI or not). Enjoy! 35,000 ProCharger "boosted" miles and still lovin it!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I'm a newly Procharger owner on my what was already heavily modded 5.7 engine and I must say that my procharger has blown every mod that I did out of the water. I'm spinning the tires in 2nd gear from a rolling start of about 45-50 mph my traction control has saved me twice already when the boost comes on make sure u have it pointed straight. And btw my rear meats are 295/35/20 Michelin pilot super sports! Enjoy!

How much power are you putting down? Super Sports are the stickiest tire for the street right now. Surprised you were spinning even those... In a 295 to boot!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm not even sure right now with the smaller pulley and the water meth but I can promise u those tires are not the stickiest street tire I'm thinking about going to nito 555r's 305/35/20 I hear those hook up pretty well but they won't last long.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I should have reworded what I said. The stickiest non-drag radial out there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts