Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the picture. The top images are video captures taken from the interview with the Challenger designers. Is it me or does the car in the background look like a 2 door Charger? Could it be the production version of the Challenger? Compare it with the photos I added below it. It has the headlights, grille, hoodlines and roofline of the new Charger. Did I miss the car as another DCX concept? It even says GoMango on the license plate. Either way, it's another cool looking Dodge!! If anyone has anymore info on the car please post it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: Production Challenger or 2 door Charger

WildBillTX had mentioned this previously in an earlier thread. I'm sure it's probably just one of the several mock-ups prior to DCX's official concept release, then again, it might even be one of the initial 'Charger' concepts. ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts

BlackRT said:
Check out the picture. The top images are video captures taken from the interview with the Challenger designers. Is it me or does the car in the background look like a 2 door Charger? Could it be the production version of the Challenger? Compare it with the photos I added below it. It has the headlights, grille, hoodlines and roofline of the new Charger. Did I miss the car as another DCX concept? It even says GoMango on the license plate. Either way, it's another cool looking Dodge!! If anyone has anymore info on the car please post it!!
There are rumored to be several other concept cars to be shown this year, including a 'Cuda from the Pacifica Center and a Road Runner... as I said rumored...

Here is a quote from another thread on this forum:
What coming......ROAD RUNNER & HORNET
Two more concept that are returning to the concept line (old heritage names): ROAD RUNNER and HORNET.

Surprised to see the rear-end tail lamps of the next concept was seen in a video.:D

Could Dodge build a four-door EVO X or a VW Polo and call it the HORNET...:rolleyes:
Threads on other forums have mentioned a 'Cuda concept that reportedly exists at Pacifica... Over 18 months ago I was told by a "source" that both a Challenger and a 'Cuda were being developed, and some the information he provided has recently been confirmed by interviews of DCX employees in published articles.

A post in another forum by mph magazine representave seemed to imply that one of the concept vehicles to be shown in Chicago had a four letter name:

the nitro, a c$%^&er and a *@#& concept
Before everyone gets their hopes up (like I have) other posts have speculated on a Rampage type concept or a new Ram Truck concept... The only clue from DCX so far has been the Valentine's "Box of Chocolates" Invitation (see attached pictures).

Lets see what is shown tomorrow at Chicago...:confused:

XS

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts

BlackRT said:
It reminds me of a '67-'69 Barracuda...For what its worth, my local Chrysler/Jeep dealer (1400 Motors, Nashua, NH) still has Plymouth on their dealership sign--I don't know if that is still common.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

Hmmmmmmmm.... Now I can't wait to see what is unveiled tomorrow.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts

ND RAM said:
Hmmmmmmmm.... Now I can't wait to see what is unveiled tomorrow.:rolleyes:
Sounds like the concept vehicle is the Dodge Rampage...:confused:

I have not seen a picture yet...

XS

·
Registered
104 Posts

Here are Rampage sketches I found... apparently a Honda Ridgeline type vehicle... sorry for taking this thread off-topic, the intro should be tomorrow.

XS

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts

I still think it's a early clay mockup. I dont like the smaller high beam lights on the front and the rear end looked too bland, very mustang-ish. They were almost "there"... and they got it right for the concept car.

New Road Runner? Hornet? (because of its AMC name, perhaps a small economy car?) and more concept vehicles? -> BRING THEM ON DCX!

·
Registered
598 Posts
...Man whatever that picture is,...I hope its not the new production challenger,...Come-on DCX,...stop torturing all of us here,...when is it a go and show us what the final product looks like,...I know you guys got one tucked away somewhere,.....better yet,...just pull the concept out on the assembly line,...throw a gas filler cap on it,..and drop in that gorgeous 6.4L (392) 500++HP Asphalt Shreading Hemi Beast in it with a manual tranny.;) .....I already told you guys I got a good 4763 (cash)orders for you,...what more do you want?!.....Heck,... I'll even get a bunch of us together and put together the cars ourselves,if ya want,...that way you get the orders and money and high quality workmanship,...and we get the engine & tranny we want....Hurry up,...Shelby GT500 is breathing down your backs,......remember 6.4L in the srt-8 version.;) :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Vanishing Point said:
...Man whatever that picture is,...I hope its not the new production challenger,...Come-on DCX,...stop torturing all of us here,...when is it a go and show us what the final product looks like,...I know you guys got one tucked away somewhere,.....better yet,...just pull the concept out on the assembly line,...throw a gas filler cap on it,..and drop in that gorgeous 6.4L (392) 500++HP Asphalt Shreading Hemi Beast in it with a manual tranny.;) .....I already told you guys I got a good 4763 (cash)orders for you,...what more do you want?!.....Heck,... I'll even get a bunch of us together and put together the cars ourselves,if ya want,...that way you get the orders and money and high quality workmanship,...and we get the engine & tranny we want....Hurry up,...Shelby GT500 is breathing down your backs,......remember 6.4L in the srt-8 version.;) :cool:
Yeah, what he said.:cool: I'll build my own if ya let me.:D

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So what happened to the concept vehical that was going to be released that was a four letter name [email protected]#$? Or whom ever was insenuating(sp) a Cuda!

I have no understanding of why people even mention the Cuda as a posibility. Mainly because if Plymouth is not re-introduced, then the Cuda isn't coming back either... It's a no brainer!

And for whoever asked the question about the Plymoth signs still being up at Chrysler dealers, it seems to still be fairly common, as there are two dealers within 50 miles of my home that stil have them up. Don't expect a revival.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts