Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone show the production #'s for 17 and the breakdown for colors and options, or what else is the best way to find them?
i'm just really curious, because i own a green go scat pack shaker 6spd and i'm hoping there's not to many other ones, :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
As beautiful as your car is, it wouldn’t be worth a cent more if it was 1 of 1. It’s a cool thing to be able to say but these modern Challengers aren’t like the old school cars in accruing value.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As beautiful as your car is, it wouldn’t be worth a cent more if it was 1 of 1. It’s a cool thing to be able to say but these modern Challengers aren’t like the old school cars in accruing value.
yes, i realize that
i'm not really concerned about what it's worth, ( plan on keeping for many yrs and not concerned about resale value.)
but rather more about how rare and unique it is,
i ordered it for the old school muscle and look (hence, the stick shift and 71 high impact color):wink3:

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Here's the basic chart from PLMCRZY, for more detail contact him

PLMCRZY @ u s a . n e t

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You selected a great color and the more fun transmission too.
thanks,
i was on the fence with trans.
knowing the A.T was faster, however i wanted the car to feel old school also
and have more of a driving experience rowing through the gears, ha:grin2:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe because so many were sold this time around. The old schools didn't get pricy until many years adfter they quit producing them. I had a '73/340/pistol grip/headers/traction bar/holly 4 barrel Challenger in very good condition that I got $700 trade in for in 1982. God knows what it would be/is worth now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe because so many were sold this time around. The old schools didn't get pricey until many years after they quit producing them. I had a '73/340/pistol grip/headers/traction bars/holly 4 barrel Challenger in very good condition that I got $700 trade in for in 1982. God knows what it would be/is worth now.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I just checked w/ Dodge to see how many T/As were made in the same config as mine & was told the #s won't be released until April or May. The rep said that's because some 2017 models can still be ordered. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

·
Registered
387 Posts
I can't believe how many scat pack shakers are supposed to be out there according to that chart. I hardly see them around here in California. For every 10 scat packs I see 1 SPS. I'm thinking that maybe they are more popular in other parts of the country.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Maybe in 30+ years

Maybe because so many were sold this time around. The old schools didn't get pricey until many years after they quit producing them. I had a '73/340/pistol grip/headers/traction bars/holly 4 barrel Challenger in very good condition that I got $700 trade in for in 1982. God knows what it would be/is worth now.
Honestly, I think it will be the same for the current generation Challengers. But you have to wait a long time. Say 30+ years after they STOP making them until you see the value go up. Once everything else around us has become electric and self driving, I could see a good looking, loud, big gasoline fueled HEMI V8 muscle car having some value ....

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
I just checked w/ Dodge to see how many T/As were made in the same config as mine & was told the #s won't be released until April or May. The rep said that's because some 2017 models can still be ordered. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........
The Dodge numbers are often flawed anyway. If you want the real number PayPal a $20 donation to PLMCRZY and you'll get a configuration tree like this one, his email address on the chart.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't know - I have to wonder about the accuracy of SOME of the data. I just looked up production #'s for 2016 Scat Packs & the chart showed TWO vehicles built in Sublime, one an auto, one a stick, & neither of them shakers. I know I have seen a few shaker Sublime Scat Pack Challengers around! I've seen enough standard hood Sublime Scats to know there were more than two built! Can anyone else concur?

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
I don't know - I have to wonder about the accuracy of SOME of the data. I just looked up production #'s for 2016 Scat Packs & the chart showed TWO vehicles built in Sublime, one an auto, one a stick, & neither of them shakers. I know I have seen a few shaker Sublime Scat Pack Challengers around! I've seen enough standard hood Sublime Scats to know there were more than two built! Can anyone else concur?
Those two were for someone with connections, Sublime was a 2015 color and was not even available for 2016 but somehow, they made it happen. Must be nice. :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Those two were for someone with connections, Sublime was a 2015 color and was not even available for 2016 but somehow, they made it happen. Must be nice. :D

Duh - I was thinking about this when I woke-up this morning that Sublime was a 2015 color, not a 2016! So I guess those two 2016's in bug juice green are ultra rare indeed!

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Duh - I was thinking about this when I woke-up this morning that Sublime was a 2015 color, not a 2016! So I guess those two 2016's in bug juice green are ultra rare indeed!
There's also a Sublime out there with Red interior, another not supposed to happen combination. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts