Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried to program garage door opener My problem is no red lights come on at all its acts like its not turned on or has no power I programed others before this one has me stumped

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i needed to use the 'learn' button on the opener itself

using the easy method doesnt work (yet it works on Chevy)...Dodge needs to take apart the Chevy button and see how they do it

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
there are no red light inside the homelink module. they will not blink either. you can program it blind or look at the EVIC message center to tell you when it is ready and when it is programmed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks I understand its in Evic
It sounds like you have a rolling code garage door opener... I have the same and it took me about 20 minutes to get mine programmed. You first have to clear the Homelink's programming, set the Homelink's transmitter to the frequency of your garage door opener, then FINALLY pair the Homelink transmitter to the garage door opener motor unit. Here's step-by-step what I did:

1) Hold the outer two Homelink buttons (I and III). EVIC will read "Channels clearing," and eventually will change to "Channels cleared."

2) With the opener about 3 inches from the Homelink buttons, press and hold BOTH the garage door opener button and the Homelink button you want to program. EVIC will read "Channel X training," and will eventually change to "Channel X trained."

3) On the garage door opener motor unit, press the learn button. Mine was a red square button, but it could be any shape/color. Once you press the button you have 30 seconds to get in the car and do the following:

4) Press and hold for two seconds the button you just programmed, twice. On the motor unit in my garage, after each two second press, the light in the unit blinked and I heard a clicking noise. After the second press/hold, my garage door opened. Just to be clear-- (press learn button on motor unit, hold Homelink button for two seconds, release, hold Homelink button for two seconds, release)

If that doesn't work, visit Homelink's "program" section:
HomeLink®; Home automation,Wireless control system, universal transceiver, RF control, Home security, smart home, vehicle to home, home automation, remote control lighting and home control

Enter the information about your car and the opener you have, and they'll provide you with step-by-step instructions.

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I just did this today with my new door opener. I have the rolling codes. I had my husband push the learn button on the opener motor. A light comes on for 30 seconds. Then I pushed the homelink button for 2 seconds then let go, then pushed it again for 2 seconds and let go. It took 3 tries with the learn button before it worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts