Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I’m keeping my RT for 10 plus years or maybe forever. It’s a 13 base automatic, I want to atleast achieve 500 horses and 500 torque at the crank. I have also wanted to improve my cars suspension, and get some wheels that wheel provide the best unsprung weight. Any ideas on how I should approach this project?
As far as wheels, I hate the stock ones and thought about getting some chrome clads for cheap but then It’s likely better to purchase some forged wheels that will provide excellent unsprung weight. BBS CH-R is on the top of my list, and some HRE wheels. The less mass the wheels have the greater effect it will have on my car. Any ideas as far as wheels?? And tires?
In achieving 500 to the crank, I’m thinking cam, exhaust, intake, headers, and tune? Anything else I can do without adding a supercharger? I’m in CA so I have to remain compliant with the dumb regulations incurred on this great state (sarcasm)
Suspension wise maybe the SRT suspension?
I love my car and plan to keep it a long time so I want my car to continue to be awesome through the years. Thanks!
PS : My little brother is planning on building a very modified Nissan 370z, and since we’re tight like skinny jeans we want to help eachother out and make our cars the best they can be.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
You wont get to 500 hp with those mods on the 5.7. Personally, I'd ditch all that and focus on saving for a supercharger and the driveline mods to handle it or just save for a 392 model and mod that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts