Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Yes, YOU heard us right!

As many of you may all know it is a rare site to see a Dodge race in the Grand Am Series...and why is that?

Well.... Atlantic Autosport is about to change that.

[This one of a kind Challenger comes to life after many months of planning,
and you are first to see the finished product to the start of their season!

The Atlantic Autosport DODGE was MADE for the CONTINENTAL RACING SERIES...
"It is the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge-R.... "

--Powered By Arrington--

Stay tuned for more pictures and wins coming soon!

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I've been waiting all season. I hope you guys make it to lime rock. I'll see you there. I was hopping to see the guys at cf2 but I understood they couldn't make. And I understand because there first race was so soon after. I hope they place and fininsh good. The best thing about that series is you can interact with the teams instead of NASCAR where your banned from the garage area. It's very personable good luck.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
516 Posts
cool car ....where are you getting those raised yellow letter continnetals from? I've been looking for them I have a Detinator yellow SRT let me know please......or a contact number........lets go racing

·
Registered
637 Posts
How does that monster sound??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad y'all like the car! The sound is good but actually surprisingly quiet. The mufflers are lightweight racing units and basically straight-through, but the car is still very quiet going by on the track.

Tires are the Continental spec race tires, we get them straight from Continental. At some point we'll start selling scrubs.

Yeah, we hated to miss CF2 but the car had serious electrical problems and would not fire at all - we had to commit that time to making the car run even though we wanted to be out showing it off and enjoying it.

We won't be at Lime Rock - we're going to shoot for Road America since we were not allowed to race at VIR due to our engine not yet being homologated. I think we've got that issue resolved and are going to continue to test and develop the car between now and Road America.

We do need to get some new pictures - we painted the wheel wells black and got all the rest of the decals on - car looks much better now. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Good luck with it.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
We won't be at Lime Rock - we're going to shoot for Road America since we were not allowed to race at VIR due to our engine not yet being homologated. I think we've got that issue resolved and are going to continue to test and develop the car between now and Road America.
Well that stinks , but I understand I hope everything works out. I just can't wait to meet you guys and see that car race. I just might be going home with a set of race tires. When I do get to see you on the track. Haha. Keep trying to get it right and your hard work will be rewarded

·
Registered
3 Posts
the car looks awesome! saw a quick glimpse of it at vir, wanted to come talk to you guys but was too busy. are you guys looking for any fly in mechanics/ weekend worriers? if so id be very interested in helping out your team.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Looks killer. Good luck to you guys Mikah. Missed you at CF2 but fully understand about the issue.

I'm gonna go research the venues you'll be attending to see if I can make one. I still gotta make it over to check out the shop.

EDITED:

Dang we missed the Barber Motorsports venue. That's one of my favorite tracks. I saw a lot of AMA Motorcycle racing there and did some track days on my sport bike. Beautiful facility.

I'd like to hit the Laguna Seca venue, but I think my summer's gonna be to busy to fly out to Cali. That's another great track. I've camped there for MotoGP racing a couple of years.

I'll have to try to catch you guys on SPEED Channel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, it's a bummer we can't make more races this year but we just got too late a start. I have high hopes that we'll lock in a full 2012-2013 deal so that we can afford to run all 10 races both years. As much as we're working on getting the car together, we're also working hard on putting some funding together otherwise this thing will roll to a stop in a big hurry!

Really appreciate everyone's interest in our project - it is the support and loyalty of fans that makes this whole thing go around! Make sure to let Dodge know that you want to see this car on track! :)

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Awesome looking car! Good luck!!!

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Mikah, let us know who at Dodge we should send our interest to.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
WOO-HOO! Will you guys be at Road America next month? I WANT TO SEE MORE CHALLENGERS RACING!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
where you guys at!? im here at the glen, black forest has their yellow challenger here, need MOPARRRR around her in grand am! gt class ;) working on this rx8 getting a little old we qually tomorrow for the 6hr car 42

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have fun up there, we're not at the race. We've finally got the kinks worked out of our car and are continuing to test and develop - we do not want to put it on the track until it's fully ready to go. And, our engine is still not homologated though that will happen very soon.

Enjoy the race weekend!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts