Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,908 Posts
As for other components, you need to consider how your car is making power. Being Procharged, my car doesn't lay down significantly more power until beyond 3K. And being a six speed is easier overall as well.

If I were running positive displacement with gobs of tire spinning tire right off idle, I'd be far more nervous about pistons and driveline parts.

I'd be more nervous with a 6speed any day over an auto. No TC slippage at all. Being that you are in NY, you shouldn’t see too many 100 degree days. Down here, several SC’d 392s have broken ring lands with 6 – 8 PSI of boost (2 maggies one Vortech). Water/Meth works wonders for keeping your intake temps down.

· Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
KJ392: Automatics can be more difficult to tune. I've messed with several of the Mopar autos and they can be quite the PITA to keep together, especially with high horsepower applications.
Heck, even Josh at HHP was thankful mine was a Tremec.

· Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,908 Posts
KJ392: Automatics can be more difficult to tune. I've messed with several of the Mopar autos and they can be quite the PITA to keep together, especially with high horsepower applications.
Heck, even Josh at HHP was thankful mine was a Tremec.
Agreed, especially if the cam phaser (VVT) is in play. I was referring to hard launches where autos have a little slippage in the TC which can save half shafts.

· Registered
407 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about to much, if your hard on it and really like playing around a clutch and half shafts are gonna be needed in time. Other then that I wouldn't be worried! The pistons will hold up fine at 6 psi, only way something's gonna happen is if you get one of them tuners that don't actually know what they are doing (you have Josh so your good) or if you have a fuel starvation and run lean. Have fun with that thing man!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.