Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
too cool for school

Let me think about that for a second :scratchhead:....Ahhhh NO!
$hite can happen in 2000 miles or 2 blocks
If they just want the photo op you can drive the car and the so called "Punk' can sit in the back seat and dream about the days when he has to start working for a living to earn a car like you have
Good Luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow. That's a pretty ballsy request.

If you say yes, I have some things to sell you might be interested in ... like a bridge and some "ocean-front" property.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The sheer audacity of that woman......tell her to RENT a sports car in HER name and then list two 18 YO kids as additionally insured drivers on the contract and then watch her reaction.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Not only No, but HELL NO!

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
LOL I barely let my father in law drive mine when I first got it...I know he wouldnt beat on it or anything but c'mon I had it for about 3 weeks at that point. To the OP if someone would have asked me that I would say thanks for the compliment but not a chance

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was denied by my prom date's father from driving his sweet C3 Vette (1980 model year, so not even THAT fast hehe) so I would have no problem turning down someone else for my hard-earned ride :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
By this woman asking if these kids can borrow your car tells you she has no appreciation or understanding of what this car is and how important it is to you. Guaranteed that if they spilled a Coke in the Challenger, she would say "What's the big deal, it wipes up." Be ready for her to talk crap behind your back and make you out as unreasonable and telling her friends "what's the big deal, it's just a car". Sounds like she is a spoiled brat just like her daughter and feels entitled to stuff that isn't even hers! BEE-ATCH!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
So i did tell them thanks but not a good idea. They didn't say much...but not my problem. thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I let my Grandson take the Challenger to prom, but I trust him and the car came back in one piece and was still clean. He knows how I treat my cars and is definitely not as wild as I was at that age. He has a 1994 GMC that could be put in the local car shows and he takes care of it. It has a built 350 with a shift kit and good street gears and I've never seen him even rev the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Tough call. On one hand it's only a car and will give someone else a great memory for the rest of their lives.

On the other hand, you want do to what?!? :notallthere:

If someone wants great memories they can get a job and earn it like the rest of us.... Ain't no way in hell...............

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
My car has been in 4 prom night pictures and 3 Senior year pictures. They just took pictures with it no driving of any kind. They were people we knew, friends, neighbors and wife's employee's. Gives the kids something to show their kids later on in life.

·
Registered
988 Posts
First of all you best check to see if this gal is really a gal because she really has a "SET" to ask that question. I hate say this, but your dumb to even consider it.

I won't even let my SIL drive my Challenger with me in it and he is in his 30's. I also have an RV that nobody be me drives.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Sure!!!!! But to be fair, can I have your daughter for a night?

best answer here, OP said the girl was a spoiled princess type. tell her mother you need to ride her and her daughter before you tell them hell no. tell her the bum is going to ride her daughter and he could care less if its in a challenger or the back of a yugo.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
First of all you best check to see if this gal is really a gal because she really has a "SET" to ask that question. I hate say this, but your dumb to even consider it.

real nice...tell me how you really feel....

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Hell no. Diplomatically tell her that for safety reasons you don't think its prudent that an inexperienced driver handle a massively powerful sports car, or something like that. Safety reasons, may man, safety. Always a good way to get out of things :)

61 - 79 of 79 Posts