Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I'm going to run a staggered setup on my R/T with 275/40/20's in the rear and 245/45/20's in the front, can I just run 8.5" width wheels all around or should I get wider rims (10"?) for the rears? Considering my choice of tire width, is there any particular advantage or disadvantage to running either setup?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I have those tire sizes mounted on 20x9s all the way around, with zero problems. However in a perfect world, I think 8.5" front and 10" rears would be ideal.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I ran those tires on mine with 8.5 fronts and 10" rears for over a year and the extra dish on the rims really makes the 275's seem even wider.

·
Registered
87 Posts
BayouTiger what wheels are those in your pic. Those are some sharp looking wheels and the staggered look is awesome. thanks..

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks like Foose-type but not sure who makes them. Cant tell

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
They are Lexani LSS-5's with machined face, chrome dish, and black accents. Just went with a new look, They're for sale with the Invo's, but I just took them off yesterday so I won't be thinking about it until after CF2.

Here's a better look:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info/advice. BayouTiger, that's a VERY nice setup you got there - the 10s on the back really do add that extra touch, I'll probably try for those and see what happens. I was going to try for the Invos as well - we'll see how fast I run out of money there, though. :)

I was going to get some Boss 335s for the wheels - try as I might, I can't seem to find anyone online that has a pic posted of those on a Challenger (here or elsewhere). The one Challenger I actually ended up seeing them on was on a red R/T in the parking lot one evening about a week ago coming out of work. They had the chrome Boss 335s on a staggered setup (245/45/20 on the front, 275/40/20 on the rear); couldn't tell if they were 10s on the back, though. Either way, it sure looked nice. I think they had theirs lowered as well, but that's another project for another time. I have a black R/T, so I'll be going for the black 335s. I'll post pics when I get them.........

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If I'm going to run a staggered setup on my R/T with 275/40/20's in the rear and 245/45/20's in the front, can I just run 8.5" width wheels all around or should I get wider rims (10"?) for the rears? Considering my choice of tire width, is there any particular advantage or disadvantage to running either setup?
Just recently installed 8.5"x20" with Nitto Invo 245/45R20 on the fronts & 10"x20" with Nitto Invo 275/40R20 on the rears.While doing research before I decided it was brought to my attention that the best fit for a 275mm wide tire would be a 10" wide wheel.Also,it was stated that going wider than a 245mm tire in the front would increase wandering and may have a negative effect on the handling of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Foose Legend Chrome Wheels
Front:8.5"x 20" with 245/45R20 Nitto Invo tires
Rear:10"x20" with 275/40R20 Nitto Invo tires.

All four tire heights are 28 5/8".

Stock 7.5"x18" wheels with 235/55R18 tires had a height of 28 1/4".

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts