Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed since having both of my Camaro's, I get "props" from the Challenger owners when I'm out and about cruising around.

I ALWAYS give "props" to the Challengers and 'stangs I see. Especially those that are kept looking nice and not trashed out. :thumbsup:

However, 90% of the 'stang owners out there not only put there bony little noses up in the when they see me cruising around, they usually add a finger too. :notallthere:

Do any of you experience this too?

What makes those 90% think they're better than the rest of us?

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
While I have yet to see a Camaro I liked... (Except of course, the one that hit the dozers in Vanishing Point)

I have never considered giving the owner of one, the finger. :notallthere:
But I could argue all night long with them over Mopar vs Chevy... However it would be the ages old ribbing type of deal.... not ugly.

Basically I'm just glad there are still some real "Car Guys" left on the planet. :thumbsup: regardless of brand.

Now flipping the bird at the Prius driver holding up traffic in the passing lane... That's a whole other ball game. :satan:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I have yet to see a Camaro I liked... (Except of course, the one that hit the dozers in Vanishing Point)

I have never considered giving the owner of one, the finger. :notallthere:

But I could argue all night long with them over Mopar vs Chevy... However it would be the ages old ribbing type of deal.... not ugly.

Basically I'm just glad there are still some real "Car Guys" left on the planet. :thumbsup: regardless of brand.

Now flipping the bird at the Prius driver holding up traffic in the passing lane... That's a whole other ball game. :satan:
You are too funny. I'm going to have to go rent that movie now just to see it.

Nice to see there are still some of us out there who appreciate muscle cars.

Don't forget the SmartCars too.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I've noticed since having both of my Camaro's, I get "props" from the Challenger owners when I'm out and about cruising around.

I ALWAYS give "props" to the Challengers and 'stangs I see. Especially those that are kept looking nice and not trashed out. :thumbsup:

However, 90% of the 'stang owners out there not only put there bony little noses up in there air when they see me cruising around, they usually add a finger too. :notallthere:

Do any of you experience this too?

What makes those 90% think they're better than the rest of us?
I think this happens for multiple reasons, regardless of what cars are involved: 1) Some people are just not "car people" and likely don't know why you are gesturing at them; 2) Most Mustang owners are well aware of what many Challenger and Camaro owners say about their cars (underpowered, dime a dozen, ugly, etc); 3) The Challenger and Camaro are still new and novel, the Mustang is not; 4) Most Mustangs out there are V6s and they have the V6 mentality (V8 owners make fun of V6 owners); 5) some people are just jerks and 6) Most Mustang owners are younger than the average Challenger/Camaro owner.

Anyone giving the middle finger salute would fall under 5 and/or 6, regardless of what car they are driving.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm another "performance guy" who just likes American Muscle whether that be Firebird/Camaro, Mustang or Challenger. I actually have one of each from the 99 WS6, ROUSH Mustang and now my pride and joy 392.
I noticed that just about every Mustang I pass, they gun up the throttle at me when I'm in the Challenger. Camaro/Firebird guys don't even mess with me except when I'm in the Mustang.
I just shake my head and go about my business.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i bet if we interjected "stang" owners for challenger , camaro owners on a mustang forum we would find the same theme

·
Registered
531 Posts
I smile and wave at every Prius/smart car driver I see and think "thanks for saving the gas for people like me who will enjoy it!!!" then I floor it, listen to the engine, and laugh like the fool I am!

I do shed a tear for 7 year old though who may never get to have that experience, except in the passenger seat...

·
Registered
65 Posts
i drove my friends 2011 camaro 2011 RS.

sweet. still love my challenger, but driving through on that 6 banger was nice.

·
Registered
430 Posts

My cousin, a school-trained engineer, and now a Catholic Priest, refers to them as DUMB Cars because, as he so uncharitably (for a priest, especially) put it, you look really dumb when you get crushed by a big ol' truck in one of those.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I like all 3 myself. Almost bought a 2SS Camaro before I got my 09 R/T and almost got a Shelby GT 500 before I got my 11 R/T.

All muscle cars are good. Competition is good. Being back in 1970 again is very good. :pimp:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On my way to get groceries, at Fareway in Cedar Falls, earlier today and saw a bright yellow Challenger.

"Props" were exhanged. :wave:

Whoever you are, VERY nice car!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
It is funny how most guys cruising in restored muscle cars never wave back and turn their heads the other way....WTF? I realize they don't know that I have spent decades busting knuckles on my cars, taking heat for driving Mopars and spent every last dime buying a new Challenger, but somehow, I am "less" than they are.......all I can say is: Line'em up boys.....just like the old days...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do not discriminate based on car model, I usually try to flip off at least 3 people a day. I wave at 5 people though so I am a pretty nice guy.

·
Registered
25 Posts

What's wrong with SmartCars. I own one. It's my daily driver. The challenger is the weekend car. $25 a month in gas isn't bad these days.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i bet if we interjected "stang" owners for challenger , camaro owners on a mustang forum we would find the same theme

you hit the nail on the head. every car group feels some other car group is out to get them. its sad that people seem to be so concerned about the badge on the hood. maybe thats why i usually yank the badges of whatever i drive lol.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It is funny how most guys cruising in restored muscle cars never wave back and turn their heads the other way....WTF? I realize they don't know that I have spent decades busting knuckles on my cars, taking heat for driving Mopars and spent every last dime buying a new Challenger, but somehow, I am "less" than they are.......all I can say is: Line'em up boys.....just like the old days...
Oh yeah, I forgot about those guys! To each his own. There will always be "that guy" in any car circle. There's also the SRT owners that look down on RT and SE owners. Regardless, I still think that these folks are just a small minority...

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
My personal experience has been very positive with new Camaro owners (owners of the previous generation has been the same as it has been with Mustang owners) and not good with Mustang owners. Challenger owners and Camaro owners are older and much more mature. I have come across many (too numerous) ****ty Mustang owners (on the road, at the track, at local car shows). Of course, given enough exposure, you will find rude and immature owners of any brand. So far I have not come across any rude Camaro owners or other Challenger owners (there are quite a few of both in my area). Age has a lot to do with it.

·
Super Moderator
14,678 Posts
Age has a lot to do with it.
I couldn't agree more. Because of the cheaper price, most Stang owners tend to be much younger than Challenger owners. The one exception that I have encountered is with Shelby owners, who are usually older and appreciate all types of muscle cars.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts