Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone-- I'm looking at pulling the trigger on an R/T classic with some add ons (more than likely within the next week or two) and I just want to make sure I've asked every question, left no stone unturned, etc..

http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ5DT1BH500907

How does everything with this one look?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Looks nice, If you do much traveling to strange places you might want to see if they can swap your radio to one with Nav.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice, If you do much traveling to strange places you might want to see if they can swap your radio to one with Nav.
Thanks for your reply. Looking into the aftermarket Lockpick with nav... would you go that way or have the dealer do it? Anyone currently using a Lockpick?

[EDIT] Just read your signature... how's the lockpick? haha

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I have a lockpick and rear camera with a 730 media center. I got the lockpick to unlock stuff in the Nav but the camera is alot more usefull than watching DVDs in motion ect. All the lockpicks I've seen (Coastal and tv&nav2go) hook to your existing radio.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Get the Nav

Whether you go aftermarket or dealer get the nav. I just bought the same car and listened to the dealer recommend on the Garmin Nav. I had never owned one and thought I didn't want it, man I was wrong. The Garmin Nav will also post the speed limits where you are and is a wonderful moving map.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always looked at Garmins as an easy out for my generation (recent college grads) whose parents never taught them how to properly read a map, but I'm beginning to come around to them.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Maps are way over rated. I don't like after market nav unit becuase they make the cockpit look bad. That's why I got mt MYGIG nav unit.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
have you considered a 2010 SRT left over? its probably going to be in the same price range...maybe $2k more if its loaded....$35k is alot of $ to spend....for $37k youd get a DY 2010 SRT loaded......something id consider if i was in that price range...

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
technology is cool

DSCN1157.jpg The 2011 challengers are a distinct improvement with the U connect, smaller steering wheel, electric assist steering, and improved suspension. Came close to buying a year end 2010 but when I tested the 2 side by side I was convinced.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have you considered a 2010 SRT left over? its probably going to be in the same price range...maybe $2k more if its loaded....$35k is alot of $ to spend....for $37k youd get a DY 2010 SRT loaded......something id consider if i was in that price range...
I'll admit I have considered it, but I'm looking for a daily drivable Challenger (weather permitting) and I've heard the SRTs require frequent tuning if you're driving them daily-- in addition to the improvements stratorockit mentioned.

·
Registered
208 Posts
No tuning necessary for the SRT, it will however enhance the driving experience if you add mods such as exhaust, CAI...etc. Even then I dont think it will have to be "frequently" re-tuned. Correct me if I am wrong SRT guys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
View attachment 29321 The 2011 challengers are a distinct improvement with the U connect, smaller steering wheel, electric assist steering, and improved suspension. Came close to buying a year end 2010 but when I tested the 2 side by side I was convinced.
I have a 2010 R/T and it has U connect. I didn't notice a change in the steering wheel for the 2011 models (other than there are a few more buttons on the SRT). Did the suspension change between 2010 and 2011? I know the STP has a different suspension but it looks to me that they are consistent year to year.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Correct me if I am wrong SRT guys.
Something tells me we aren't going to get a whole lot of SRT guys in here :scratchhead:

In any case, one of the people that mentioned the SRT requiring tuning was a senior sales guy at a Dodge dealer I visited.

(other than there are a few more buttons on the SRT)
Can you elaborate on this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Something tells me we aren't going to get a whole lot of SRT guys in here :scratchhead:

In any case, one of the people that mentioned the SRT requiring tuning was a senior sales guy at a Dodge dealer I visited.

Can you elaborate on this?

I went and looked at a new 2011 392 and the steering wheel had a few more buttons than my 2010 R/T steering wheel. I do not know what controls were added.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
2011 has alot of upgrades...but if your out to get the best bang for your buck you cant beat $9,300 off a 2010 SRT in a high impact color!....i got some e-mails from some dealerships saying higher discounts...so maybe you can get $10k off now

i dont know anything about extra tuning for SRT's....your thinking of a 440-6 pack....or 340 6-pack....not a 2010 SRT...extra tuning is long gone..people expect perfection in 2011

1 - 16 of 16 Posts