Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
Discussion Starter #1
When my car arrives, I plan on having Xpel protective film applied to the front of the car (as well as various other places). Since the Tech Group's front sensor lens is in prime position for rock damage, I was thinking about having film applied to that as well. My question is will this adversely affect the way it works? Do any of you have protective clear film applied to this sensor?

Thanks,
saint 0:)

Premium Member
With the compound curvature of the cover, you may not even be able to if you want to.

Registered
I wouldn't recommend any covering on the sensor. Sensor performance could be effected due to film

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Well, so far it sounds like the consensus is the film would adversely affect the sensor. Has anyone ever applied film to theirs - any first-hand experience?

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the info.

Registered
Well, so far it sounds like the consensus is the film would adversely affect the sensor. Has anyone ever applied film to theirs - any first-hand experience?

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the info.

Do it and tell us how it works.

Registered
One of the product lines that I sell in my job is sensors, both photo electric and ultrasonic/radar.

"Factory" specs for range and sensitivity change when any type of "cover" is placed on or in front of the sensor. In some cases, it is not recommended at all.

On factory enclosed sensors, anything added on the sensor face will change the specs. Same would hold true for the sensor on the Challenger.

Leave it alone

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Leave it alone, especially as any film will not be optically transparent. A Guy

Registered
No but every now and then I will get a message that the sensor is dirty and needs cleaning so it's pretty sensitive if something gets on it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, I definitely will leave it alone. I suspected it wasn't a good idea but now I know it's not a good idea!

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate this forum's collective knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts