Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a 2018 Challenger R/T Plus in black on 04/24/19 with slightly under 14,500 miles. This is my first Dodge i've ever own and had my sights on one day owning a challenger ever since the introduction of the third generation. Everything I owned before was strictly old chevys 96 and older. Before the purchase, my 1996 Impala SS (Stock) in black was my DD for about a year and a half. Now, I can finally put her up as she has slightly under 87,000 miles. I love that car, but im falling in love with my Challenger already. I'm not a heavy mods guy. I simply want to drive and enjoy her with little to no modifications. I plan to dive deeply into the owners manual within the next few days. Are there any recommendations or tips for maintainenance, performance, etc. I must say making the transition from old chevys to a new dodge is quite different but i'm loving the experience.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome to Mopar! Welcome to the forum...a lot of great people on here and you can learn a ton! Again welcome and post a pic or two of your Challenger!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Welcome to the world of MOPAR. I wasn’t going to mod my car either, until going this forum.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I've found that modding the car and making it "truly yours" is just as fun as owning/driving one! And once you start, it's hard to stop. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have a quick question, hopefully it’s not a noobie question, when I turn my R/T Plus off a demon logo appears on the screen before turning off. Is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,948 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Demon logo huh? Not sure if the Tazer will give you that

A Guy

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. I too have a 18 F8 RT.

I assume you are talking about the background on the 8.4 radio?

You can change that to a few different backgrounds. Or are you looking between the tach and speedo?

Have fun with the big truck guys riding your ass...... had to show one the other night what it means to look at nothing but tail lights. He tried to keep up.... maybe until I hit ~100

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
I have a quick question, hopefully it’s not a noobie question, when I turn my R/T Plus off a demon logo appears on the screen before turning off. Is this normal?
Fun stuff with these cars. I'll just let you know about my 2016 SXT+. In the menu somewhere, there is a theme choice. I chose theme 7, which is a red Hellcat symbol. My symbol is on all the time though. It's there on the 8.4 screen in the background. Maybe things changed a little in 2018? I know after 2016, they had another radio manufacturer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm proud to be a member. Pictures uploaded.
welcome & glad you got a 'real' car' (keep the Chevy - you might sell it & pay the Challenger off) - what are the wheels? nice ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts