Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I pulled the trigger on a brilliant black SRT-8! It replaces my '09 RT, and it really hasn't sunk in that I drove away from the dealership with one....

I just wanted to pick up a replacement hood gas strut for the RT, and maybe test drive a 392 to feel the difference...The sales staff was very friendly and did not try to push the sell like ones that had tried at other places.

The staff was quite eager to have me test drive it, and I actually got it below MSRP, which was surprising.....

I'm looking forward taking some nice road trips with this one...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Big difference from the RT is it not....? I did the same upgrade, and all I can say is....WOW! Congrats...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely! The acceleration is far more brutal with the 392. I love it! The new control locations on the steering wheel are going to take some time for me to get used to though...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Welcome aboard the 392 Train :)

Go in for a gas strut, come home with a 392.. talk about up-selling! lol :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
BDSRT8 - I got it at Mac Haik Dodge off of I-45 and West.

I know the test drive sure is a pretty nice carrot to dangle out there, but I would not have pulled the trigger if they were not willing to deal. Makes for a good icebreaker though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts