Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its 2 feet wider than my honda daily driver! I may or may not have curbed the wheels already....

Just wanted to share this with anyone who may be looking at getting one of these beasts.

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
Does it fit through a garage door? Does it fit in a parking space and you can get in or out? Yes to both. It’s not a wide car in either style. You're comparing it to a compact so of course it’s bigger.

Reactions: STINGRAY

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it fit through a garage door? Does it fit in a parking space and you can get in or out? Yes to both. It’s not a wide car in either style. You're comparing it to a compact so of course it’s bigger.
true true. It’s still classified as a mid size car right?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Its not any wider than my Power Wagon, so for me it's much easier to get around in. Although I constantly worry about the front splitter when I park or have to go over an object like road kill.

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
Its not any wider than my Power Wagon, so for me it's much easier to get around in. Although I constantly worry about the front splitter when I park or have to go over an object like road kill.
View attachment 1003222
I too daily drive a full size pickup so any car is small by comparison, I actually prefer driving the truck over the Challenger.

Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
53 Posts
curbed my front wheel in the 1st week of ownership lol, definitely not a small car.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Although I constantly worry about the front splitter when I park
No need to worry.....simply select REVERSE and back into the parking space. Problem solved. (y)

·
Registered
107 Posts
No need to worry.....simply select REVERSE and back into the parking space. Problem solved. (y)
Most of time that's exactly what I do as the situation permits.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
View attachment 1003222
Looking at the truck, and my Scat Pack WB, check out the 4WD worthy rear wheel gap mine has. I'm hoping it will settle a little lower eventually?

Reactions: Carbide

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looking at the truck, and my Scat Pack WB, check out the 4WD worthy rear wheel gap mine has. I'm hoping it will settle a little lower eventually?

View attachment 1003279
I'm looking to put lowering springs on mine over the winter. All and all it's not that bad, and I think they do that so that it can actually carry 4 adults.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder if the adaptive suspension changes the vehicle height in the back at all...

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
It's definitely wider but less than it looks, specs from Dodge:

85.4" overall width at mirrors (all Challengers)

75.7" width at widest point (doors) (standard body)

78.3" width at widest point (front flares) (Widebody)

64.0" track (standard body)

65.6" track (Widebody)

Probably will. Dodge says the Widebody is .3" higher in rear than standard body and not sure why.

I wonder if the adaptive suspension changes the vehicle height in the back at all...
No, it has no effect on springs or ride height, it only adjusts the stiffness of the shocks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The 69 Coronet is skinny by comparison to the Standard body. When picking up the Redeye, wife discovered lack of passenger seat adjustments. There was an Octane Hellcat Charger right next to it. If it had NOT been a widebody, it would be in my driveway. I convinced her we’d hit the steps in the driveway.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My rear and front are basically the same. I have noticed, looking at pictures of different widebodys, that some are higher in the rear and some are not. Not idea why. That picture is literally 10 minutes after i got home with it from the dealer.

As for size, I drive the Ram next to it most of the time and we just got rid of our other truck with was a 4-door. The WB just doesn't seem that big after driving those around.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Having wide body Challenger beats fishtailing in a straight line when accelerating like a regular body Challenger does.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts