Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See alot of people doing different exhaust set ups but havent seen this one yet. On a 09 SRT8 with 6 speed the exhaust is stock. I want to just pull the suit case mufflers at the rear and put in straight pipe. Opinions??

·
Super Moderator
14,931 Posts
The suitcase muffler is located after the cats towards the front of the car. The resonators are located in the rear, attached to the exhaust tips.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I dug around and found out that the suit cases ARE the resonators. The mufflers are the ones up under and forward towards the cats. So I answered my own question. Blastin Bobs resonator delete is what I was wanting to do. Jeeze Im a nar nar!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Resonator delete

I have a 2012 Challenger R/T and just did the Blastin' Bob's resonator delete kit, the one that is just straight pipe only. It is louder and I love it, but you do get the interior drone around 2k rpm range. I personally don't care, either turn up the radio or I am going to get used to it. Glad I did the one with straight pipes and not resonated or perforated options. All work was done by backing up on car ramps and removing resonators and tips in about 45 minutes. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I believe people refer to the "suitcase" mufflers as the single large muffler that comes on the automatic cars. In the below pic its the red arrow. I think you will be happy with the sound out of the blastin bobs reso delete.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2014 R/T 6 Speed and do not have the middle mufflers. I have a straight tube resonators and the suitcase mufflers on the back.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have a 2014 R/T 6 Speed and do not have the middle mufflers. I have a straight tube resonators and the suitcase mufflers on the back.

Nope those things in the middle ARE the mufflers. The 6sp has bottle mufflers or can mufflers (i don't know what you would call them but they are the mufflers) . The newer autos I believe have more of the oval shape ones. They did away with the big "suite case" type muffler. The ones in the back by the tips are your resonators. If somebody tells you anything different, they're wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts