Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened! Decided on my way to work to be a bit spirited with my car - and of course I get pulled over. So I am passing a guy and decide to step on it - blow by him and the car is just roaring. Take it up to 70 and back off, unfortunately drove by a cop hiding in a parking lot. He comes up to my car and I have my hands visible on the steering wheel and windows down as a courtesy to him since I am a CPL holder. I'm sure he appreciated it. He comes up takes my license and I immediately apologize. Runs my license and I have no infractions on it and just starts talking to me about the car after telling me he wasn't sure how fast I was going but it took him a bit to catch up to me. Meanwhile another cop pulls in and comes up to the car. We all just start talking shop. They both said they love to go fast and take their cruisers occasionally to Grattan Speedway to race them. Of course they want to know all about the car and the other cop tells me he wants to get a Jeep SRT so he can really put the power to the pavement. Really nice guys and we had a good time chatting. They let me off. I was really honest with them as I always am - apologized and told them I rarely get on it but it was a beautiful morning and I just couldn't help stepping on it a little. We had a lot of common ground between us. Don't forget police are people too! He said he loves to throw his cherries on cause that's the only time he gets to go fast other than the track. I think my honesty and the Challenger got me out of that one! Another benefit of owning a challenger ;)!

·
Registered
313 Posts
My Brother in law had just finished building his arrest me red Factory Five Cobra. In MA you have to get a State inspection of a kit car before you can put it on the road. He couldn't resist swapping a plate onto it and taking it for a ride. When he pulled back into his driveway a cop pulled in right behind him and he crapped his pants, but all the cop wanted to do was look at the car.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Truth is, the VAST majority of cops are good people. There are a few bad ones that give them a bad name, but that's the same for ANY "group" of people. Nobody likes getting pulled over and given a ticket for something, so it's a "natural" reaction to have a dislike towards cops, but people need to realize that they are just doing their job and they deserve respect - every time they pull a car over, they risk getting shot. Hell, just sitting in their cars, they risk getting shot nowadays.

And no, I am not a cop - nor do I have any cops in my family - and don't even know any cops personally - but mature people will realize that the vast majority of them are good, "regular" people that are doing their job - a job which pays little and has great risk - and that they are there when we need them.

Ok, end of my public service announcement. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truth is, the VAST majority of cops are good people. There are a few bad ones that give them a bad name, but that's the same for ANY "group" of people. Nobody likes getting pulled over and given a ticket for something, so it's a "natural" reaction to have a dislike towards cops, but people need to realize that they are just doing their job and they deserve respect - every time they pull a car over, they risk getting shot. Hell, just sitting in their cars, they risk getting shot nowadays.

And no, I am not a cop - nor do I have any cops in my family - and don't even know any cops personally - but mature people will realize that the vast majority of them are good, "regular" people that are doing their job - a job which pays little and has great risk - and that they are there when we need them.

Ok, end of my public service announcement. :)
Very true! I teach my daughters all the time who the real hero's are in our society - police, firefighters and military. We have taken sheet cakes down to the Police Dept with my daughters writing letters of gratitude to them. They're doing their job that's all and I have nothing but respect for them.

·
Registered
965 Posts
One more - teachers - another group that gets paid little and has a huge responsibility of teaching our kids. It kills me how teachers, police, firefighters and military are *so* important, yet make so little money - while professional sports players are really not important at all and make millions. Just doesn't make sense - and is such a shame. Don't get me wrong, I love watching football and hockey, but they are way overpaid...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more - teachers - another group that gets paid little and has a huge responsibility of teaching our kids. It kills me how teachers, police, firefighters and military are *so* important, yet make so little money - while professional sports players are really not important at all and make millions. Just doesn't make sense - and is such a shame. Don't get me wrong, I love watching football and hockey, but they are way overpaid...
Speaking of hockey, did you see that Blues/Bruins game last night?? Great game. There's nothing quite like playoff/Stanley Cup hockey. The Blues are a really physical team - some monster hits going on.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Speaking of hockey, did you see that Blues/Bruins game last night?? Great game. There's nothing quite like playoff/Stanley Cup hockey. The Blues are a really physical team - some monster hits going on.
Absolutely! I'm actually a Penguins fan (grew up in Pittsburgh), but we didn't do shit this year, so been watching all of the other teams. I just don't want Boston to win - can't handle them being the champs in Baseball, Football *and* Hockey! :) So I'm a Blues fan now.... I actually think that Boston is the better team technically, but like you said, the Blues are a physical team.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely! I'm actually a Penguins fan (grew up in Pittsburgh), but we didn't do shit this year, so been watching all of the other teams. I just don't want Boston to win - can't handle them being the champs in Baseball, Football *and* Hockey! :) So I'm a Blues fan now.... I actually think that Boston is the better team technically, but like you said, the Blues are a physical team.
Blues are playing old fashioned wear you out physical hockey right now - lots of Bruins not in the game. Charra was a mere shadow of his normal self with his messed up jaw. Surprised to hear your rooting for the Blues! I'll keep that quiet so your car doesn't get keyed!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Believe me - my Blues fandom is going to be VERY short-lived. Being a Pittsburgh'er, I don't have much "love" for the New England-area sports teams. The Pats are the Steelers biggest "rival" - so I can't have New England-area teams be champs in all three major sports!!! :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Believe me - my Blues fandom is going to be VERY short-lived. Being a Pittsburgh'er, I don't have much "love" for the New England-area sports teams. The Pats are the Steelers biggest "rival" - so I can't have New England-area teams be champs in all three major sports!!! :)
Hopefully my Cleveland Browns (grew up in Shaker Heights OH) can revive a good rivalry with the Steelers again. You guys have owned us since the Kosar days. Well pretty much everyone has owned us!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hopefully my Cleveland Browns (grew up in Shaker Heights OH) can revive a good rivalry with the Steelers again. You guys have owned us since the Kosar days. Well pretty much everyone has owned us!!
Yeah, I remember when the Browns were more of a force in the NFL. Would be great to see you guys be back in the game again - I'm tired of having to deal with the Patriots. :) Hopefully, that damn Tom Brady will retire soon so we have more of a chance again! He's just too damn good... :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've been a cop coming up on 27 years. I don't pull over Challengers or Camaros. I do call tow trucks for Fords.>:)

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
I live Approx. 70 miles from Cleveland and 70 miles from Pittsburgh, the only thing in those 2 cities I could root for is a fire! :D "Who Dey Nation!" (And since I am a U of M fan I will root for the Patriots)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Must be a perk of owning the car. I was pulled not too long ago for speeding (which, like you, I do not do often). The officer that pulled me was extremely nice. In fact, he stated that if I had ran he would not have pursued me since he felt his patrol car would not have kept up. I love my car and the fact that it can start a conversation anywhere I go.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Retired Police Chief here. Did almost 30 years on the job. Lots of great guys on the job who love cars. I always loved fast cars and still do. Alot of people talk themselves into tickets with a bad attitude. Sounds like you were very polite and had a couple of car guys that liked your car.

Also a beat up old hockey player. Still skate. Big Bruins fan. Should be a great game tonight. I know we're spoiled in New England but it's a great fan base here so the teams can afford the good players. GO BRUINS!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
13 Participants
Fat Max
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing