Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been researching exhaust systems FOREVER. We have finally settled on Zoomers for our PCP R/T. Hope to have the system installed in a week or two. Plan to put up some before and after videos to possibly help anyone else on the fence about which system to choose.

Only thing on the R/T to date is the Mopar CAI and it is a 6spd. More info when I got it!

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
+1 you made a good choice!

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Ohh man, you're going to love it. That is the meanest sounding exhaust on these cars IMO. Yes I know I don't have one. :brickwall:

·
Registered
978 Posts
You made the right choice friend! I realize this is an SRT-8 but i'm sure the R/T won't sound too far off from this:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh man, you're going to love it. That is the meanest sounding exhaust on these cars IMO. Yes I know I don't have one. :brickwall:

These are the comments that really helped push us in this direction, found on a few dif challenger boards. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
hahaha I love how after the KoRn song it gets quiet and you hear the birds chirping and then...VROOOOOOMMMMM!

Classic!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Getting mine hopefully installed this week... Just in time for Spring Fling!!! :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from the shop about 2 hours ago and let me say this. Our car now officially sounds like a "one eyed one horned flying purple people eater" lol

First off install was very smooth I watched the whole thing everything fit nice and with only some minor torch work everything lined up 100% perfect.

Secondly they let me start it and back it off the lift and it was instant awesome sound. Real deep and full of growl. Now unfortunately my wife is deployed and we dont let anyone else drive the car so the only sound I get to hear for the moment is what I hear while driving.

The sound is "there" while driving you can choose to listen to it or choose to listen to your radio. It's ever present but not overpowering unless you want it to be. Have only found one spot where it gets irritated and drones a little bit and thats around 4th gear at 1900-2100 rpms so very easy to move around that.

The youtube video you need to watch is the one actually made by zoomers exhaust. rt 5.7 with xpipe i believe its called. It runs about 7 -7 1/2 mins and gives you a very clear idea of what this exhaust will be like. The one sidenote I will put in here is that the video doesnt do the deepness of the tone justice. It's deeper in person! Imo a good thing. Going to do a video myself of some tooling around in car i'll get it up in the next day or two.....i'm off to cook some porkchops!

I would give this system a 10/10 only comparison of my personal scale would be the corsa which I would give a 9/10. Where the corsa is a bit snarly/raspy the zoomers is guttural and pi$$ed.:guiness:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow great info and review. Made my mind up! Yeah saw that video and that really gof my attention. Deciding was the hard part now just gotta save up the $$$$. Thanks again!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Leaning toward zoomers, does anyone have an opinion on how they compare to mbrp on 5.7 auto?

Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
978 Posts
I found the Zoomers exhaust to be a TAD loud @ first, but you break it in very quickly and it actually settles down a bit.

It was SO loud @ first I thought it was going to give me a migraine! After about a week or two it became ABSOLUTELY perfect!

·
Registered
2 Posts
zoooooomerrrrsss

hahahaha or maybe you just broke your ears in but as long as your comfortable wit it. i have an SRT8---can anybody advise on whether to get the H-pipe or X-pipe for this specific exhaust? anybody know the difference in sound personally??? because at this point its looks like im goin zoooomers. sounds so angry:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yeah, give yourself a week or so. You'll end up loving it even more. The sweet spot on my R/T is around 3300 to 3700 RPM, the monster roars like no other.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
hahahaha or maybe you just broke your ears in but as long as your comfortable wit it. i have an SRT8---can anybody advise on whether to get the H-pipe or X-pipe for this specific exhaust? anybody know the difference in sound personally??? because at this point its looks like im goin zoooomers. sounds so angry:thumbsup:
I asked this same question to Zoomers, they said an H-pipe will take away the aggressive sound they give, don't mess with it. I didn't. You have to give yourself a week or so to adjust to the new exhaust tone.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Just got my Zoomers put on last Friday and I LOVE them. A little loud at times, but the deep tone is SWEET! :bigthumb:

I have a before & after comparison up on my FB page if you want to check it out...

http://www.facebook.com/v/214635988549319

1 - 17 of 17 Posts