Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I pulled the trigger on Diablo Predator for my 6.1 Auto Trans. I have heard that there are several steps with this tuner, unlike my Vette? On the Vette I just plugged into the port and selected the desired tune.

I am told that on Dodge cars I will need to plug in and then the tuner will ask for a Cal ID? Not sure what I do after that?

Any help from those who have this tuner is greatly appreciated U7135 is part number. I am considering choosing the 93 Octane Performance tune for my region.

Best
J

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Just follow the step by step instructions on the Predator. You might need to connect it to the internet to get the latest update but most likely it should work right out of the box.

Hi All,

I pulled the trigger on Diablo Predator for my 6.1 Auto Trans. I have heard that there are several steps with this tuner, unlike my Vette? On the Vette I just plugged into the port and selected the desired tune.

I am told that on Dodge cars I will need to plug in and then the tuner will ask for a Cal ID? Not sure what I do after that?

Any help from those who have this tuner is greatly appreciated U7135 is part number. I am considering choosing the 93 Octane Performance tune for my region.

Best
J

·
Registered
59 Posts
same here. 93 cai tune. just follow prompts on the predator.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
It don't ask your calid it will read it and save your original tune after it tells you to turn the ignition on before you put in the new tune. The only stuff it ask is what you want to do and of course you want to put in a performance tune and tell it 93 tune or 93 CAI tune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all! I loaded 93 Octane tonight and drove around locally this evening. To be honest I am not really sure I feel a noticeable difference? Punched a few times at dead stop and feels ok but not sure I feel a significant difference? Where do others feel the difference most? I have an SRT* Auto trans...

best
J

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Have you been running 93 octain fuel? Mine's only a RT Auto and most of the gain was low to mid power. Maybe you need more air to it. I have a CAI and CAI tune. That's not suppose to make any differance. Maybe the SRT isn't the same but mine sure was better with the tune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car has 93 octane fuel. I have a performance Green brand filter in the stock air box (supposed to be better than K&N). Diablo folk said to choose 93 Performance tune and ok to run the green brand filter-not too choose 93 CAI tune.

best
J

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Try to pull your #2 fuse under the hood for a couple min and reinstall in. Maybe you have taught your car bad habits.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Perhaps the SRT8 is already woken up more stock, than 5.7L brother? will drive a few days and report back.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I recently installed the tuner on my car (srt8, 6speed) and didn't notice much if any differance. I've tried the 93 and 93cai tunes, but really couldn't tell anything.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was advised to try and pull #2 fuse to reset the ECM. I pulled and left out a few minutes. Either my imagination or it did wake up the car and tune.

best
J

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Try using the 91CAI tune instead with 93 octane.

A couple of other key things:

1. 180 t-stat - get one
2. Once you have a 180 t-stat, adjust the Fan Settings with both AC on/off
LS - 181
MS - 181
HS - 190
3. Add 7-10% throttle boost.
4. Reset the transmission adaptives with the predator.
5. Raise the shift points; this will change it from 6200 to 6400. Add 200 rpms to the rev limiter.
6. Disable ESP
7. Lastly, datalog a few WOT sessions and send them to Diablotoona.

The other real benefit comes in when you can monitor your A/F ratio with a wideband and adjust the fuel trims in the RPMs.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Try using the 91CAI tune instead with 93 octane.

A couple of other key things:

1. 180 t-stat - get one
2. Once you have a 180 t-stat, adjust the Fan Settings with both AC on/off
LS - 181
MS - 181
HS - 190
3. Add 7-10% throttle boost.
4. Reset the transmission adaptives with the predator.
5. Raise the shift points; this will change it from 6200 to 6400. Add 200 rpms to the rev limiter.
6. Disable ESP
7. Lastly, datalog a few WOT sessions and send them to Diablotoona.

The other real benefit comes in when you can monitor your A/F ratio with a wideband and adjust the fuel trims in the RPMs.

there ya go! :thumbsup: i can tell a difference from stock tune to Diablo tune in mine...the car responds better (quicker ET in the 1/4 and overall feel) with the 91 CAI tune over 93

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.