Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an experience to share.
I purchased a 2017 Destroyer Grey Scat Pack loaded with everything except a sunroof.
The sticker price was right under $50k. $49xxx

I walked out the door for $40k even.

Anyone else care to share there purchase experience on 392s around &50k?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I purchased a 2017 Destroyer Grey Scat Pack loaded with everything except a sunroof.

You did well I think.

Dec. 17 I bought a new 2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack that stickered for $46,270 for $40,090. This is the base price ($38995) + destination charge ($1095). Sales tax (9.75% -- thank you state, county and local government butt heads), registration, fees, brought the out the door price to $44430.10.

Oh, wait I see you bought a 2017. A 2017 model is a "leftover" and with "leftovers" the factory provides the dealer with a substantial refund of a portion (my info is 5%) of the dealer's cost of the car back to the dealer to help cover dealer's flooring cost.

Even so, you still did well no doubt about it.

Given the car is a 2017, you might want to think about an oil/filter service. My info is Dodge guidelines call for an oil/filter service every so many miles (6K?) or 6 months regardless of miles. My 2018 was built in August of this year so it has just 2 months to go before the oil will be 6 months old and scheduled to be changed.

Your 2017 was built obviously before that. You can look at the manufacturer's build tag on the drive side door for the date (month/year) the car was built.

Might add that even though I got my car at a pretty good discount when I went to the parts department the other day for oil and a filter I received a 10% discount. Then when I talked to the service department about getting the oil/filter service done I was told since I bought the car there my 1st oil/filter service -- an approx. $120 value -- was free.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bought my 16 SRT new for $43k + tax / reg. That was in August of this year so it was aging on the lot. Sticker was $53k and it included a few options.

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts

Interesting,I could not get $10,000 grand off a SRT off with employee pricing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here in Canada, Iv'e been seeing 2017 SRT demos (Less than 100 kms on the odometer) go for 14K less off from sticker, But the catch is, since it is considered use, the standard finance rate for them would be around 5.19-5.99 which is so high. If you buy new, on dodge.ca the lowest is 4.19%. I wonder why there in the US it's so easy to get a car loan lower than 3%. And of course here in Toronto, The stupid tax is 13%!.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Manufacturers have way more cars than they know what to do with right now. We just bought a Cherokee with a sticker price of $44,000+ for $35,000, and that same dealer has a Ram 1500 Sport with a sticker of $59,535 marked down to $44,749.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Got my 16 Scat Pack in March of 2017. List just short of $49K out for $40,200 +taxes. Katzkin leather included.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,329 Posts

Out the door? What exactly does that mean?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
It means the full amount he paid when he drove off the car from the dealership
Thanks Anthony, that indeed would be the obvious meaning. However, that would also mean that the actual purchase price was considerably less, given things like dealer fees, taxes, title and plate fees, etc.

What the forum would want to know was the actual purchase price, so that's why I asked for clarification. Out the door, as you pointed out, typically means something entirely different.

Needless to say, sales tax alone can add 2400 bucks or more to the purchase price. I can't even imagine the OP getting this car for a purchase price of 37k. But maybe he did. Let's wait and see what he says.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks Anthony, that indeed would be the obvious meaning. However, that would also mean that the actual purchase price was considerably less, given things like dealer fees, taxes, title and plate fees, etc.

What the forum would want to know was the actual purchase price, so that's why I asked for clarification. Out the door, as you pointed out, typically means something entirely different.

Needless to say, sales tax alone can add 2400 bucks or more to the purchase price. I can't even imagine the OP getting this car for a purchase price of 37k. But maybe he did. Let's wait and see what he says.
$2400.00? That would be very light where I come from. A LOT closer to $3500. To your point. One must PAY to live in Hellinois. I bet Jersey is worse. So yes a lot to consider.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
$2400.00? That would be very light where I come from. A LOT closer to $3500. To your point. One must PAY to live in Hellinois. I bet Jersey is worse. So yes a lot to consider.
I was thinking 6% of 40k. It's actually 6.5% here in Tampa.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I was thinking 6% of 40k. It's actually 6.5% here in Tampa.

That is a lot fairer than here. I believe over 9%. More IN Chicago. Like 10.5% Really takes the fun out of it. And they get you to take nothing for your trade because you don't pay tax on the amount you traded in. So you're just screwed!
You really have to buy them right.......

We wouldn't be thinking of upgrading to a newer model would we??? Now I see why you sell privately.
Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I almost hesitate to post this, but in SC it is a fixed new car purchase tax of..... wait for it ..... $500

Doesn’t matter if it’s a $15,000 car or a $50,000 car.

they just recently increased it from $300

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I almost hesitate to post this, but in SC it is a fixed new car purchase tax of..... wait for it ..... $500

Doesn’t matter if it’s a $15,000 car or a $50,000 car.

they just recently increased it from $300 :)

But don’t you have to pay the 4% property tax on top of the $500 in order to get it registered? I’m not sure. I just moved to SC.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts