Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes they are. Just call them. I had three on the phone two days ago. Ended up with 1500.00 off MSRP. Good luck. Remember the dealers need you, you dont need them or their cars. We just want them.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Man I'd like to know where you guys are finding these dealers selling them below sticker. I paid sticker and had to fight for that. I've bought many new cars in my day so I know what I'm doing. The two dealers I went to both said they would not budge off sticker. There is a dealer in Ft Wayne IN that's asking 68k for his. I was happy just to pay sticker. I had an Audi S5 ordered since January but they kept pushing the production date back so I told them to cancel. This dealer did give me 4k more on the trade than Audi so I guess it was a wash in the end.

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is a new 392 at the dealer where I bought my 2010 SRT and they want 60k for it... What a joke!!! I might drop in and test drive it... just for shits and giggles

·
Registered
46 Posts
I paid 3k under sticker, but my sticker was $50,125. We get jacked in New York. Plus we have to pay gas guzzler tax. So I ended up buying it for 47,125. Completely loaded with T-shifter car cover and most other mopar options

·
Registered
653 Posts
Man I'd like to know where you guys are finding these dealers selling them below sticker. I paid sticker and had to fight for that. I've bought many new cars in my day so I know what I'm doing. The two dealers I went to both said they would not budge off sticker. There is a dealer in Ft Wayne IN that's asking 68k for his. I was happy just to pay sticker. I had an Audi S5 ordered since January but they kept pushing the production date back so I told them to cancel. This dealer did give me 4k more on the trade than Audi so I guess it was a wash in the end.
The reason the Audi is taking so long is because the 2011s are no longer a V8, they are going to be a twin turboed v6. I have one of the last v8 S5s coming in tomorrow, this is the last of them so I guess the wait you're having is for the v6.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
go to cars.com and e-mail every dealer who has a car within 100 miles....there was around 10 of them for me...they e-mail back w/ their offers...take your best 3 and bargain back and forth a bit...typically i get the best price with in 8 hours......when i bought my car i was on the way to purchase and drove past another white IE on the way...it was not on cars.com....it was the exact same car(same options)....they beat the price and i bought from them...

some dealers think they have a Golden IE...some just consider it another car..you want to find those dealers who want to sell it..the ones wanting sticker or more want to keep it a while...maybe it makes their showroom look good....there's a reason alot of dealers have left over 2010's right now...they didnt bargain like they should have last year and now they are stuck....some will be stuck with these IE's once the next special edition comes out

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I also know a dealer in Oklahoma selling a white IE for just under 46,000

It looks loaded with no sunroof and with Nav. It is also number 16 of 1100.

There is a dealer in Oklahoma that wants 85500 for a white IE....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine was 52,500 with their 2500 value add on. I bought it $1000 under MSRP over a week of negotiations. They know someone will walk in and buy it as they only had one. Dealer hold back is Circa $1400, Dealer profit is $2600 at MSRP. Plus they get 1% of financing from the Credit Unions for sending the business which does not effect your rate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much is invoice for a fully loaded IE edition and how much less is dealer hold back? Does anybody know?

·
Registered
883 Posts
They told me the issue was the titanium package. For some reason they could get the titanium wheels and nothing else. I did not want the car without that package and I am kind of glad now. I thought the Audi would be a head turner but this car gets more attention than anything I've owned before. Of course the interior is deff not up to Audi standards but I can live with it for now....

·
Registered
46 Posts
They told me the issue was the titanium package. For some reason they could get the titanium wheels and nothing else. I did not want the car without that package and I am kind of glad now. I thought the Audi would be a head turner but this car gets more attention than anything I've owned before. Of course the interior is deff not up to Audi standards but I can live with it for now....

Whats an "Audi?"

I wish they made the IE with orange stripes, I never got more thumbs then when I had my 2010 Hemi Orange RT. I Love white, still not so thrilled about my blue stripes

Attachments

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Mine was 52,500 with their 2500 value add on. I bought it $1000 under MSRP over a week of negotiations. They know someone will walk in and buy it as they only had one. Dealer hold back is Circa $1400, Dealer profit is $2600 at MSRP. Plus they get 1% of financing from the Credit Unions for sending the business which does not effect your rate.
Dealer holdback is $1399--over 3%.
At MSRP dealer profit for an IE is closer to $4000--9%.
Name any industry that provides a 9% profit margin for as much effort...

$5k over MSRP is over 20% profit--if they can get it--outrageous.

I've gotten the impression from researching the Challenger over many dealers for the past year that some dealers must think that even their sh!t is gold. The problem is there's always another sucker with too much money that comes along and validates those dealer's way of thinking...

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Dealer holdback is $1399--over 3%.
At MSRP dealer profit for an IE is closer to $4000--9%.
Name any industry that provides a 9% profit margin for as much effort...

$5k over MSRP is over 20% profit--if they can get it--outrageous.

I've gotten the impression from researching the Challenger over many dealers for the past year that some dealers must think that even their sh!t is gold. The problem is there's always another sucker with too much money that comes along and validates those dealer's way of thinking...
im sure there's alot to running a dealership....lots of bodys walking around..all doing something...the place cant look shabby, it must be remodeled every few years..all this costs $

if i dont make 10% profit in my business i dont take the job..i typically make 20-35% profit....yea Walmart can survive on 2% profit, but smaller businesses need REAL profit and 2% doesnt cut it....

its the sellers job to get everything he can...its the buyers job to get it for as cheap as possible...if the dealer wants to charge $5k over sticker let him...right now it means 1 of 2 things....1. he doesnt want to sell the car or 2. he's looking for a sucker

if that sucker never comes the dealer may be stuck with the IE into the 2012 model year

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
im sure there's alot to running a dealership....lots of bodys walking around..all doing something...the place cant look shabby, it must be remodeled every few years..all this costs $

if i dont make 10% profit in my business i dont take the job..i typically make 20-35% profit....yea Walmart can survive on 2% profit, but smaller businesses need REAL profit and 2% doesnt cut it....

its the sellers job to get everything he can...its the buyers job to get it for as cheap as possible...if the dealer wants to charge $5k over sticker let him...right now it means 1 of 2 things....1. he doesnt want to sell the car or 2. he's looking for a sucker

if that sucker never comes the dealer may be stuck with the IE into the 2012 model year
While I agree for the ordinary business in a free market, I lose all empathy for businesses that have legislated protection for themselves and carved themselves a monopoly position. If I could place an order directly with the factory and pay factory pricing, dealers would not even have to deal with people that know exactly what they want and can get it directly. They would be like Best Buy. You can by a Dell from them, or you can go directly to Dell if you don't need to feel and touch it first to decide what you want. You know there's a markup if you buy from Best Buy--it's obvious they are a middle-man, but you (arguably) get the benefit of one-on-one interaction with a (hopefully) knowledgeable salesman to help you decide what will meet your needs, and a local place to return for help if there are problems.

This has not been the experience that many dealers provide according to what I've read shared in this forum and online elsewhere. Many dealers have little-to-zero-knowledge salesman, and many also provide lackluster-at-best service. While the same is fairly common in computer stores (low-knowledge salesman and service depts.), that's no excuse.

In a free market they would have to earn their business, not get it simply because people aren't allowed to buy directly from the manufacturer.

So, when someone like I or other members on this forum that know *exactly* what they want walk in to a dealer to place a factory order, the dealer isn't really adding any value--they're just the lucky middle-man getting a windfall. They have no business in that situation of asking for more than invoice--the factory pricing, and should feel lucky that you chose to go through them since they're getting a $1400 holdback for merely entering an order in the computer that you would have done yourself from home had it been allowed...

The above is as it relates to purchasing new cars, ordering exactly what you want. Used cars is another matter entirely.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

Also: I qualified it with "as much effort".
Every dealership I've ever visited had lots of bodys... mostly standing around waiting for prey to enter.
- Every salesman is on commission.
- They have a finance guy that also is there on commission.
- They have an office manager that handles all the payroll, office minutia, etc.
- The GM probably does the most work--heading up the marketing, training and whatnot. For the chains, there's probably one or two people that handle it for all the locations.

I'm not saying there is no work involved in running the place. I'm saying that it's no more than the baseline effort required to run any business, and that the *actual* work involved in providing the goods/services compared to other businesses is peanuts for the margin they command.

As a plumber--you have to do all the same types of bookkeeping, payroll, advertising, and employee management. But, you also have to get dirty, turn screws, and sweat for the customer--*that* is effort.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts