Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am making the move to a blower.. going with the maggie.. i have read about the belt
dayco # 5060990 is what comes with the kit.. heard mix opinons..
what is he number for the gate green belt that everyone speaks of?

also any thought on the gator back and would this be the correct replacement to the dayco?
Goodyear Gatorback Poly-V Serpentine Belts 4060990 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

umm lets see OH.. spark plugs.. i have read one step colder?? if so what is one step colder than stock

sorry this is 09 6.1 car. any suggestions or tips..

AND IF ANYONE HAS A CRANK PINNING KIT AND PINS they would loan me that would be GREAT and same me 130 bucks for a one time use..

thanks in advance for any info
chris

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would u be interested in going in half on one if i have to buy one full price. We both use it? Better than full price i guess

sent from mobile device

·
Registered
722 Posts
they're only about $120-140 at Summit, depending on which you buy...just buy it, use it, and then keep it or re-sell it. I have plenty of car and truck tools that were rarely used, but when you need it for that one job that comes along, then you need it...the cost of doing business

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info guys.

I may see if a guy hear wants to split it with me as he needs to use it to. guess worst comes to worst i just eat it.

chris

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I don't know about the newer Maggie kits, but when I installed mine the kit included a bolt on drill guide, bit, reamer and the pins. I decided to by a right-angle drill rather than pull the radiator.

In other words, I didn't have to buy any separate pinning kit. Is something missing from your kit, or did they change things?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a used kit

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
if your buying a new kit, the pinning kit comes with it, also the magnuson come with the gates belt, i would not use the dayco
Luke

·
Registered
530 Posts
I also need a crank pin kit...Does the crank pin kit come with everything I need or is it just so I can do the job? I rather drop the radiator but after reading a few threads, it seems a right angle drill is just as good.

Let me know, OP, if you wanna go 50-50 on it. I already have the sc installed and drove it for 600-800 miles flooring it and no issues yet but I don't want to risk it.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will let u know what do. If you bought a new kit you should have gotten one with it. The kit comes with all u need drill guide bushings readers and pins

·
Registered
530 Posts
I bought my Vortech used...I need to find out what all i need to pin my crank.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have the crank pin kit that came with my supercharger, but I used the pins. I can't see it being too difficult finding something to use for the pins, appeared to be just steel dowels. I can supply the pinning kit without the pins if needed.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I bought my Vortech used...I need to find out what all i need to pin my crank.
All you need is the tool that lines up where the holes need to be drilled and the longer bolt that holds the tool in place. Then just drill the hole and insert the pin or pins. Its pretty simple, just hold the drill straight.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can get pins if I could borrow it I could pay ya something for borrowing it let me know if that is ok with you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a crank pin kit, I of course used the pin I got with it so you would just need to order some pins from p.c or whoever...if interested in buying the crank pin kit message me!!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the crank pin kit covered.. thanks for the offers

chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts